"Hasty Alliance" problem at 1280x1024

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Artis

"Hasty Alliance" problem at 1280x1024

Post by Artis »

I first had this problem with 1.1.2a, all the scanarios before "Hasty Alliance" had correct 1:1 scaling, but for some reason "Hasty Alliance" was scaled a bit bigger then 1:1 and Wesnoth's scaling beeing how it is it looked ugly, so ugly that it was hard to keep some of the more similar units apart. I wasn't doing all too well, so I installed 1.0.2 instead started HttT again... And what do I see when I reach "Hasty Alliance" -- exactly the same problem. Seems to be a resolution related bug, because the scaling can be set to 1:1 in resolutions smaller then 1280x1024.
scott

Re: "Hasty Alliance" problem at 1280x1024

Post by scott »

Artis wrote:I first had this problem with 1.1.2a, all the scanarios before "Hasty Alliance" had correct 1:1 scaling, but for some reason "Hasty Alliance" was scaled a bit bigger then 1:1 and Wesnoth's scaling beeing how it is it looked ugly, so ugly that it was hard to keep some of the more similar units apart. I wasn't doing all too well, so I installed 1.0.2 instead started HttT again... And what do I see when I reach "Hasty Alliance" -- exactly the same problem. Seems to be a resolution related bug, because the scaling can be set to 1:1 in resolutions smaller then 1280x1024.
I really hate this "feature" of the game. I can expand the map with void to work around this problem, but it would be better if the behavior were actually fixed.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.