Unable to play

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Kollle

Unable to play

Post by Kollle »

Sorry is this has been posted before, I searched, but found nothing like it.

Anyways, for no apparent reason, I cannot play multiplayer games on 1.1.1/1.1.2 (1.0.2 works fine though). Everything was working fine, until one day I tried downloading the Taki+Imperial era (note that because I couldn't download it properly, I went to this site:http://wolff.to/campaigns/list.html to get it). Immediatly after that, anything under the "Multiplayer" option simply freezes the game, though I can still use campaigns and saved games.

I tried deleting the era and downloading 1.1.2, but that doesn't help. Anyone know what I can do? Thanks in advance.
kiet

Post by kiet »

Same here
Kestenvarn
Inactive Developer

Post by Kestenvarn »

I downloaded that era myself yesterday... I don't seem to have any problems, but I haven't played it yet either.
kiet

Post by kiet »

I didnt have a problem when downloading Imperial Era,but when I downloaded Roze and Noygas maps on the campaign list.Don´t know which of them that caused it but I deleted them both.
Tippsey

Post by Tippsey »

Noyga's was doing it. I had roze's for a while but every time I got noygas the multiplayer wouldn't start up, the game just froze.
May the drakes bloody kill you all.
Soliton
Site Administrator

Re: Unable to play

Post by Soliton »

Kollle wrote:Anyways, for no apparent reason, I cannot play multiplayer games on 1.1.1/1.1.2 (1.0.2 works fine though). Everything was working fine, until one day I tried downloading the Taki+Imperial era (note that because I couldn't download it properly, I went to this site:http://wolff.to/campaigns/list.html to get it).
That site is for the stable version.
"If gameplay requires it, they can be made to live on Venus." -- scott
Kollle

Re: Unable to play

Post by Kollle »

Soliton wrote: That site is for the stable version.
Oh, whoops.

Thanks for the responses though, because now I realise that I had downloaded Noyga's maps too. That was a while ago though, so I never really linked it with the screw-up.
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

Well there is a scenario in a pack that use a huge amount of preprocessor ressources each time you update something. It does not freeze but it takes long to update the multiplayer cache (something like 5-10 minutes on my machine).
Once this is done you won't have problem unitl you install something else that affect multiplayer : the game will not have to rebuild its cache so it will be fast.

I disabled this scenario (The random invasion scenario), but someone wanted it back, so i put it back.
Well i haven't found why it is soo much CPU intensive and how to fix it, so disabled it again.
So the lastest version of my pack shouldn't cause this problem.
If you still have my pack installed update it, it should remove your problem.

If someone wants is back, just remove the - in its filename :
Pack_Noyga/scenarios/random_invasion.cfg-
But then it shall eat your CPU each time you update the multiplayer cahce (ie install something that is MP-related).
This one eats a little the CPU but seems reasonable so i didn't disabled it :
Pack_Noyga/scenarios/random_map.cfg-
(it's my random map generator without the invasion stuff).
Kestenvarn
Inactive Developer

Post by Kestenvarn »

Oops, I didn't read this thread after my last post and accidentally downloaded Noyga's maps myself a few minutes ago, on a whim! Now my game freezes every time I try logging into the multiplayer server, deleting the folders seems to have no effect...

Edit: Ah good, working now. Was freaking out when deleting didn't help.
Kollle

Post by Kollle »

Thanks, that did work.