Scenario 9: The Valley of Death

Feedback for the mainline campaign Heir to the Throne.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

stavros27

Re: Scenario 9: The Valley of Death

Post by stavros27 » June 17th, 2018, 3:31 pm

(1) What difficulty level and version of Wesnoth have you played the scenario on?
Medium, 1.14.3
(2) How difficult did you find the scenario? (1-10)
9 - Very challenging. All I did was run with my main characters and still barely survived. No chance of killing 1 much less 3 liches...
(3) How clear did you find the scenario objectives?
Very clear.
(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario?
Scenario was interesting b/c it's different. Dialogue is decent.
(5) What were your major challenges in meeting the objectives of the scenario?
I had lots of gold (380) and a few level 3 mages and knights but could not make a dent in the undead. I had to run for it in the SE corner and spend most of my gold on elvish warriors to use as fodder.
(6) How fun do you think the scenario is? (1-10)
3 - Running is not that much fun. Neither is trying to win a battle against impossible odds.
(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?
Make more holy water vials and closer to the start (or in the same area as the current ones. Have the undead take a damage penalty if they are outside of cave/castle at dawn of day 2 or maybe throughout the daylight of day 2 as well. This would play into the storyline as well as make it easier to win if you survive the initial onslaught.