Scenario 19c: Cliffs of Thoria

Feedback for the mainline campaign Heir to the Throne.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Poison

Re: Scenario 19c: Cliffs of Thoria

Post by Poison »

613TheEvil wrote:I actually did try this but my merman died before reaching it, well let's seel. I am actually having second thoughts about this, perhaps a fire sword is better than a loyal sergeant... Oh well.
Was he either a netcaster or a quick fighter? He should be quick to finish at that turn. The best is the armor obviously but I wanted to see the scenario(Cliffs of Thoria). The dialogue there and at the next scenario are some of the best of the campaign, also the next scenario is very interesting.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

(1) What difficulty levels have you played the scenario on?

1.15.0, Champion (Challenging)

(2) How difficult did you find the scenario? (1-10)

(3) How clear did you find the scenario objectives?

Unclear. It was not certain who has to go to the second 'go here' icon.

(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario?

Clear and very interesting. And sad.

(5) What were your major challenges in meeting the objectives of the scenario?

Figuring out that I have to move Konrad to the caves.

(6) How fun do you think the scenario is? (1-10)

(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?

Make it clear who has to reach the second 'go here' icon.
Attachments
HttT-The Cliffs of Thoria replay.gz
(56.35 KiB) Downloaded 427 times
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Content Feedback wrote: March 11th, 2008, 3:49 pm (1) What difficulty level and version of Wesnoth have you played the scenario on?
(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario?
(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?
(8) Was there any event that caused you to lose the game and forced you to reload or restart the scenario?
1. Normal/Wesnoth 1.15.12+dev
2. 7/10
3. crystal clear
4. 7/10
5. Picking the right units to tank out the Drake attacks.
6. 7/10 (Since I haven't done this in quite a while)
7. Thank you for removing those invulnerable Draug lines and that swamp. It made little sense for them to be there. Nothing special to say for this scenario but some Fauna would have been nice. Also, I got a chance to play my Merfolk veterans properly so it was nice.
Also, I guess this scenario does allow a lot of Gold and XP to be farmed..like a lot.
HttT-The Cliffs of Thoria replay 20210424-233135.gz
(62.53 KiB) Downloaded 164 times
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
lujo86

Post by lujo86 »

(1) What difficulty level and Wesnoth version have you played the scenario on?

Highest

The dialogue is better written than is usual for the campaign, except the chief Drake's lines, and some unnecessarily bloodthirsty lines from Konrad.

(5) What were your major challenges in completing the scenario?

I had veteran Merfolk and plenty of money, so none, really. I tried to use the level as an opportunity to level gryphons up, so I had to be a bit careful not to reveal too many enemies with them all at once.

7 just for featuring enemies you rarely see, I suppose. Also for the opportunity to use Merfolk somewhere where piercind gamage is relevant.

Nothing really, it's fine as it is.
Orek

Post by Orek »

Content Feedback wrote: (1) What difficulty level and version of Wesnoth have you played the scenario on?
(8) Was there any event that caused you to lose the game and forced you to reload or restart the scenario?
(1) Challenging (=Champion=Hardest) in 1.14.17 on permadeath
(2) 4 (17th most difficult = 7th easiest)
... [Difficult] 2, 16, 14, 4, 9, 6, 5b, 10, 13, 12, 23, 8, 7, 3, 15, 17, 19c, 22, 1, 20b, 11, 24, 18 [Easy]
(3) It is vague. The first objective of "Make it to the end of the river" looks as if a unit has to go to (55, 3) where the sign is, but it is actually any hex in (53~55, 1~5).
(4) Clear and interesting enough
(5) Without Gryphon Riders or Elvish Sylphs, it was difficult to have a vision for some drake nests.
(6) 3 (18th most fun = 6th most boring)
... [Fun] 2, 1, 6, 9, 5b, 4, 16, 15, 23, 3, 12, 14, 10, 24, 13, 8, 7, 19c, 20b, 11, 17, 22, 18 [Boring]
(7) This is more of a bug report, but I don't think level 3 drake units are spawning as intended. Currently, they always spawn in 1 turn, not 3 turns, but only from the nest that was occupied by a level 1 drake on the previous turn. I wasn't smart enough to figure out which code to fix.
(8) Yes and No. Yes for the practice runs where seemingly bad strategies were tried to see if they were actually bad. No for the actual permadeath runs thanks to the practice.

YouTube Link: Run 1 Run 2 Run 3
Walkthrough: HttT walkthrough (hardest, permadeath, v1.14.17) + General campaign guides (Replays for all scenarios can be downloaded from here.)