Scenario 23: Test of the Clans

Feedback for the mainline campaign Heir to the Throne.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

josteph
Developer

Re: Scenario 23: Test of the Clans

Post by josteph » September 9th, 2019, 10:23 am

Thanks. I think the hint shouldn't just repeat what Lord Bayar said but explain it in different words (and perhaps in out-of-world terms, which are inappropriate for dialog), so I changed "defeat" to "reduce to 0HP". And I made the second part of the sentence more generic since I intend it to teach players that dialogs may contain hints. (The help says that explicitly as of a month or two ago, actually, but still.) See https://github.com/wesnoth/wesnoth/pull/4329, what do you think?

Poison

Post by Poison » September 9th, 2019, 12:26 pm

For 1.16, heh? It's great. Just have it there as a note. The knights are a big help in the final battle so a hint can't hurt. Something entirely unrelated, why didn't i have dwarvish guardsmen in my recruit list after i met the dwarves? Was this a bug or were they intentionally removed?

josteph
Developer

Post by josteph » September 9th, 2019, 12:48 pm

New PRs are created against master, but I'll backport it to 1.14 too after merging to master. To get Guardsmen you need to save the ally leader in The Lost General (that's documented in the walkthrough, and in the HttT secrets).

Poison

Post by Poison » September 9th, 2019, 1:28 pm

josteph wrote:
September 9th, 2019, 12:48 pm
New PRs are created against master, but I'll backport it to 1.14 too after merging to master. To get Guardsmen you need to save the ally leader in The Lost General (that's documented in the walkthrough, and in the HttT secrets).
Oh, I see, yes he perished before i managed to reach him, the orcs got really lucky and killed him.

octalot
Developer

Post by octalot » September 9th, 2019, 1:52 pm

Maybe we should add a hint on easy, either a narrator's message at the end or by listing it as a bonus in the objectives.