Eastern Invasion

This is the place for discussing development of mainline campaigns, reporting bugs in them and providing overall feedback.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

scott

Post by scott »

Curse you!
Attachments
EI-grr.png
EI-grr.png (16.27 KiB) Viewed 7422 times
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

scott wrote:Curse you!
This won't happen in 0.8.12, promise. I've already changed it in CVS.

I thought having you pay would be interesting, but the upkeep and no-villages made it instead impossible. Now, you just have to keep him alive the rest of the campaign, and he's a pretty weak little bugger. :P
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
cobretti

Post by cobretti »

turin wrote:Now, you just have to keep him alive the rest of the campaign, and he's a pretty weak little bugger. :P
You mean the rest of the scenario, don't you?.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

cobretti wrote:
turin wrote:Now, you just have to keep him alive the rest of the campaign, and he's a pretty weak little bugger. :P
You mean the rest of the scenario, don't you?.
No, campaign. I haven't actually made that true yet, though, and if its too unbalanced with that true I'll remove that aspect.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
The World of Orbivm
cobretti

Post by cobretti »

turin wrote:
cobretti wrote:You mean the rest of the scenario, don't you?.
No, campaign. I haven't actually made that true yet, though, and if its too unbalanced with that true I'll remove that aspect.
And I guess you will force-recall him in prestart. You are evil :twisted:

He will probably be a regular visitor of the more distant corners of the maps, then.
js138

Captured.

Post by js138 »

Hmm. Those bats are tedious. 9 turns to get out of my original cell...

And the two sidekicks don't seem to appear - I'm left with just Dacyn and Owaec, which makes killing the troll tricky...

I'm not sure which version it is (can't find a version string) but it's the one prepackaged with the SuSE rpm for 0.8.11 so should be pretty recent.
turin
Lord of the East

Re: Captured.

Post by turin »

js138 wrote:Hmm. Those bats are tedious. 9 turns to get out of my original cell...
Yes, they are. But if I remove them, the first part of the scenario is rather boring...
js138 wrote:And the two sidekicks don't seem to appear - I'm left with just Dacyn and Owaec, which makes killing the troll tricky...
Can you make a list of the units you had on your recall list/had recalled at the end of Lake Vrug? The problem might be that you don't have enough advanced units.
js138 wrote:I'm not sure which version it is (can't find a version string) but it's the one prepackaged with the SuSE rpm for 0.8.11 so should be pretty recent.
Its probably 0.8.9-0.8.11.
The World of Orbivm
js138

Captured

Post by js138 »

I have no units which match the 'getting the sidekicks' part of the scenario definition if that's what you're asking. My swordsman died to a berserker in Xenophobia (that dwarf is insanely difficult to kill on easy, IMO), my mages are white and I've not been able to recruit bowmen except on the one scenario (which i suspect might be a misfeature).

I have plenty of shock troopers...
claus

Post by claus »

I played a strange northern outpost:
Shodrano (the outlaw leader) came at the fourth village without finding other outlaws ("there are no outlaws here", shodrano comes :o ). At the ninth village i found the first regular outlaws :o (I expected no more because shodrano said "You have defeated me! I can terrorize the villagers no more..." ), but i killed the revenant the same turn.
Looking at the code:

{RANDOM 0..10}
[if]
[variable]
name=random
less_than=$trapdiff
[/variable]
[then] outlaws come [else] no outlaws

Seems like my first random numbers where to high.

#decides if the badguy leader appears
#badguy leader has less chance of appearing early on. (as in 0% chance for first 5 villages. :P)
{RANDOM 4..10}
[if]
[or]
[variable]
name=random
greater_than_equal_to=$trapdiff
[/variable]
[/or]
[or]
[variable]
name=shodranoshown
equals=yes
[/variable]
[/or]
[else]
[unit] shodrano

Trapdiff starts with the value 1 and 1 is added before this if tag so after 4 villages trapdiff should be 5 and shodrano can be triggered (this means shodrano has 0% chance to appear in the first 3 villages, but can come at village 4 and later)

I have a replay, but it is corrupted (i think because replays have problems with random numbers - watching it, i once got 2 outlaws at village number three and the replay crashed at the moment a unit would move through their ZoC), so i do not attach it.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Well, I thought I fixed Shodrano appearing in villages where other outlaws do not appear. it might have not gotten into 0.9.1, though.

It seems like you just got bad luck with the outlaws, and they only appeared in the last village.

BTW, the replay was corrupted because replays don't like random numbers. At least that's what it seems like to me when I watch replays...
The World of Orbivm
ott
Inactive Developer

Post by ott »

turin wrote:Well, I thought I fixed Shodrano appearing in villages where other outlaws do not appear. it might have not gotten into 0.9.1, though.
Peering at http://savannah.nongnu.org/cgi-bin/view ... utpost.cfg it looks like your changes were post-0.9.1.
the replay was corrupted because replays don't like random numbers. At least that's what it seems like to me when I watch replays...
Replays are supposed to store random numbers. If you find some replays which give you early and repeatable corruption, please post a bug report with the replay. Several major game bugs have so far been found and fixed through analysis of such errors.
This quote is not attributable to Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.
(S)elfish weirdo
Location: Trying to finish Mystery campaigns without losses, have completed 0% of the maps so far.

Post by (S)elfish weirdo »

When I get to the third scenario Dacyn is simply gone (Hard) version is 0.9.1 is it supposed to be this way?
A statement within a signature is a body of absolutist assertions designed to shelter those who cannot abide the cold, hard realities of actually having to prove their claims.
claus

Post by claus »

(S)elfish weirdo wrote:When I get to the third scenario Dacyn is simply gone (Hard) version is 0.9.1 is it supposed to be this way?
Looking at the Wesnoth Changelog it is fixed in CVS, but you have to wait for the next version. (as far as i know the problem is that Gweddry is not on a keep when trying to [recall] Dacyn which causes problems (Dacyn gets out of the recall list, but is not recalled) in 0.9.1 and maybe 0.9.0).
stillnotelf

Post by stillnotelf »

I found that Dacyn was gone in the third scenario "An Unexpected Appearance" on Medium (same problem as the above poster) and also that he's not there on the next scenario "Undead Border Patrol". In UBP, Gweddry starts on a keep tile, so that other problem shouldn't occur...has Dacyn been accidentally vaporized by the other bug?
Usque adeone mori miserum est? After all, there's always a continue...
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

stillnotelf wrote:I found that Dacyn was gone in the third scenario "An Unexpected Appearance" on Medium (same problem as the above poster) and also that he's not there on the next scenario "Undead Border Patrol". In UBP, Gweddry starts on a keep tile, so that other problem shouldn't occur...has Dacyn been accidentally vaporized by the other bug?
the bug where he does not appear on Unexpected Appearance vaporizes dacyn.

And please, no more complaints about this bug. Wait for 0.9.2, and if its in that release too (which it definitely won't be!), you can complain.
The World of Orbivm