Eastern Invasion

This is the place for discussing development of mainline campaigns, reporting bugs in them and providing overall feedback.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

santi
Lord of Wesmere

Post by santi »

I played this on normal, and though the revenant and skeletons were a
nice gift for my HI and shock troopers to gain experience, at the expense
on some gold(that looked badbly needed, since you have a series of scenaria, two paths, undead crossing, tribal warfare where you start with 100 gold). It turns out they were beatable though.

To kill Shodrano fast I used some faster units, horses, mages and spearmen. HI were rather too slow for door to door searches...
I assume the double Shodrano problem must have been fixed by now.
I'd be interested to play the battle(not the duel, which I already played)
after Weldyn attack....
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Elvish Pillager wrote:
turin wrote:What difficulty level are you are? On normal, Owaec gave the undead quite a pounding, not the other way round...
Easy.

Owaec got nothing but Horsemen and Lanar got nothing but Skeletons. Skeletons KILL horsemen.
Yeah, but from what I've seen Owaec charges the leader with the horsemen and slaughters him. Then they die.

I'll rebalance it if it really seems unbalanced, though. I might have been getting really lucky when I balanced it.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
santi
Lord of Wesmere

Post by santi »

Unless this has been seriously rebalanced since I last played it(under 8.9)
on medium I see little reason to change, but this depends on how you plan to make this scenario work: If the idea is to have the next three
scenaria start with 100 gold(I mean Two paths, Undead crossing
and Tribal warfare-forgetthe Ogres), then I think the scenario is fine
On normal I doubt Owawec can beat the revenant on his own, but
they do provide some nice undead meat for my shock troopers to gain XP, so I can have Iron maulers by undead crossing(VERY useful)!
Haven't played on easy though, so maybe there is something funny there?
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Woohoo, I've now won an official campaign!

Three Great Mages with Holy Water are enough force to win the Duel, all right... :twisted: Any one of them has a 31.25% chance to kill Mal-Ravanal in one attack.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Elvish_Pillager

Yet another problem: Mal-Ravanal's portrait doesn't show up.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Huh, you've never won an official campaign before? WTF?!?!?
Elvish Pillager wrote:Yet another problem: Mal-Ravanal's portrait doesn't show up.
Mal-Ravanal doesn't have a portrait, IIRC.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
The World of Orbivm
Elvish_Pillager

turin wrote:Huh, you've never won an official campaign before? WTF?!?!?
Yeah, I always seem to give up and try something else before I actually win one. I did finish TDH once, though... It's too unbalanced to make sense.
turin wrote:
Elvish Pillager wrote:Yet another problem: Mal-Ravanal's portrait doesn't show up.
Mal-Ravanal doesn't have a portrait, IIRC.
Well, there's a file in image/portraits/Eastern Invasion called Mal-Ravanal.png, so I kind of thought there was one.
rangek

Bugs in Northern Outpost

Post by rangek »

I am playing Northern outpost in 0.8.11 and there are two bugs that are just ruining this scenario.

1. If I visit a village, a bunch of bandits pop out. OKay, cool. I kill them, but during the course of the battle, one of them hops onto the village. (Bad luck on my part...). So on my next turn I kill that unit on the village, and then move a wounded unit onto the village to heal. BUG: A NEW SET OF BANDITS APPEARS. WTF? Didn't I just clear the bandits out of this villiage?

2. I sent a white mage down to the undead to pick up some free XP. Just so happens that he and my allies whacked the undead before I even found the bandit leader. So when I finally kill the bandit leader, what-'is-face says "Now we need to kill the undead". Cue never ending scenario....
Deathtenks

Post by Deathtenks »

He kileld the undead before I found the bandit leader and after I killed the Bandit leader it let me pass....Has for the Bandits comeing back..Maybe they snuck in?
Victory to those who do not fear death!
scott

Post by scott »

I also have questions about northern outpost.

1. When I found Shodrano, the scout first said "no bandits here." Maybe that should be fixed if you actually find Shodrano.

2. I kill the revenant with my holy Iron Mauler and the scenario ended without me finding Shodrano. Is this right?
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
lynx

Post by lynx »

2. I kill the revenant with my holy Iron Mauler and the scenario ended without me finding Shodrano. Is this right?
Definitely not, read the objectives. ;)

Well, I think i played EI on ~.11 2 times and had no probs in that scenario. But I am sure for the last try, that I didn't kill the revenant first.
scott

Post by scott »

The bigmap cross for Lake Vrug is on Weldyn, not on Lake Vrug.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

scott wrote:The bigmap cross for Lake Vrug is on Weldyn, not on Lake Vrug.
Almost all of the bigmap stuff is messed up, and IMHO no real effort should be made to fix it because it will be obsoleted whenever benji finishes an improved EI map. Perhaps it should be commented out, but thats all.
The World of Orbivm
Quensul
Art Contributor

Post by Quensul »

turin wrote: Almost all of the bigmap stuff is messed up, and IMHO no real effort should be made to fix it because it will be obsoleted whenever benji finishes an improved EI map.
If he doesn't have time, you could always generate one with Wercator for the interim. ;-)
Author of Wercator
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Quensul wrote:
turin wrote: Almost all of the bigmap stuff is messed up, and IMHO no real effort should be made to fix it because it will be obsoleted whenever benji finishes an improved EI map.
If he doesn't have time, you could always generate one with Wercator for the interim. ;-)
It would look better than the current map. :P

However, he does have time. I've been talking with benji over email and he's already sent me a very rough draft.
The World of Orbivm