Eastern Invasion

This is the place for discussing development of mainline campaigns, reporting bugs in them and providing overall feedback.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

telex4

Post by telex4 »

Something like the following ought to work:

Code: Select all

WESNOTHDIR=/usr/local/share/wesnoth
BUILDDIR=.

all: $(WESNOTHDIR)

install: all
	cp -Rf $(BUILDDIR)/images/* $(WESNOTHDIR)/images
	cp -Rf $(BUILDDIR)/maps/* $(WESNOTHDIR)/data/maps
	cp -Rf $(BUILDDIR)/units/* $(WESNOTHDIR)/data/units
	cp -Rf $(BUILDDIR)/scenarios/* $(WESNOTHDIR)/data/scenarios
	cp -Rf $(BUILDDIR)/deaths2.cfg $(WESNOTHDIR)/data/
KK_r

Post by KK_r »

quartex wrote:In general makefiles are designed to automatically put files in the correct folders. The syntax is generally the filename and what folder it should go into. You can see this if you looked at dave's file and open the makefile with a text editor. I've never made one myself, so I can't help much, but learning how to do them would make it a lot easier for the average person trying to install files.

At the very least if you just wrote up a text file with the name of each file you are trying to install and the directory where each file should go, then I bet someone else could check the syntax and make the changes necessary to turn it into a makefile. They aren't that complex.
I know make-files but I ment the tar.gz dave (think it was dave..) uploaded, untar it in the wesnoth directory and it will put all files right, even easyer than a makefile. If you have the make file everbody has to change the directory if they didn't install in the default dir.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

I understand the beginning of the makefile, what i don't get is the cleanup stage (using the SonoftheBlackEye example). Would it work if i omitted this part of the makefile?
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
kittel

Post by kittel »

turin wrote:I understand the beginning of the makefile, what i don't get is the cleanup stage (using the SonoftheBlackEye example). Would it work if i omitted this part of the makefile?
Just ignore the clean: and tar: parts, it will work fine without.
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Btw if you wanted to be really fancy on Windows and create a setup.exe which installs your scenario, you can use InnoSetup (http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php). I use it to make setup.exes for Wesnoth, and it's very easy to use, and free.

Of course, people shouldn't have to run an exe just to get a Wesnoth scenario running, but...this is Windows we're talking about :)

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
quartex
Inactive Developer

Post by quartex »

Fun campaign turin. I found the first level really hard, until I realized that I wasn't supposed to beat 3 undead AI's, just survive. It reminded me a lot of the first BfW Challenge: Ancient Alliance, becuase that was the first time I had used loyalist units, and both times i was horribly outnumbers. You learn a lot about how to protect your units and maximize your attacks.

Being dumb, I was a little confused by the trapdoor, first I couldn't see any special icon on the map so I wasn't sure where to go. I moved a horsemen over the where the trapdoor was supposed to be, and nothing happened so I got more confused. (I thought perhaps we were supposed to get all our units to the trapdoor to escape). Finally I figured it out, but perhaps the captain should be more explicit, telling the lutenaint to escape via this trapdoor.

And the tunnel level was small, but fun. Easier once you realize that you can let the undead and trolls attack each other.

Only problem with level 1 was that yellow summoned blood bats. I thougt you said you weren't going to let him do that. Along with revenants and bone shooter things were getting a bit dicey.

Post by Guest »

sorry, i haven't uploaded the newest version. I made it more obvious where to go, and the enemy can't ge blood bats any more. i'm about ot start working on scenario 4A
kittel

Post by kittel »

Anonymous wrote:sorry, i haven't uploaded the newest version. I made it more obvious where to go, and the enemy can't ge blood bats any more. i'm about ot start working on scenario 4A
Please do upload it soon .-)

Btw., I think the first level is definitely too hard on Medium at the moment. When you have played the level several times and still get killed 3 times in a row, it is really more Hard than Medium.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

The reason it is too hard on medium is i playtest on easy, although by my skill i should play at medium. I'm just kinda wimpy.:D

So you can't survive until turn 12? Well, if blood bats are the problem, they won't be later on.
And if a loyalist archer is ever added, i will add it to the campaign. Plus some impact attacks might help.

I'm not on my normal computer right now, so i can't upload. I will later tonight.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
The World of Orbivm
telex4

Post by telex4 »

I've made a few minor changes to the first scenario's map.

I've moved the village to the south of the player's castle up a few hexes, so it can be reached in the first turn.

I've added three villages in an area a couple of cavalry moves away from the castle that will provide a little extra gold, and an extra few strategic posts for healing.

I've removed one hex from the enemies' castles so they can't recruit quite as quickly.

I've not playtested these changes very much, but I was at least able to complete it on medium without quite so much difficulty the one time I've tried it so far.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

This is the newest version of my campaign (i have titled it 0.1.3)

hopefully it will WORK.

there is a makefile now, and a readme :D

they were basically copied from the orcish campaign, with numerous changes.
The World of Orbivm
kittel

Post by kittel »

OK, I will test the new versions this weekend.

Btw. (question for Dave), shouldnt it be possible to specify the pictures that go next to the EASY, MEDIUM, HARD selection in the [campaign] tag?

The loyalist campaign shouldnt have elvish pictures - and the same goes for undead and orc campaigns.
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

kittel wrote: Btw. (question for Dave), shouldnt it be possible to specify the pictures that go next to the EASY, MEDIUM, HARD selection in the [campaign] tag?

The loyalist campaign shouldnt have elvish pictures - and the same goes for undead and orc campaigns.
Yes this should be possible, and I have just made it so :)

Just specify difficulty_descriptions which should be semi-colon seperated, and you can specify the image and description for each difficulty. (See 'Heir to the Throne' in CVS for an example).

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
kittel

Post by kittel »

Dave wrote:
kittel wrote: Btw. (question for Dave), shouldnt it be possible to specify the pictures that go next to the EASY, MEDIUM, HARD selection in the [campaign] tag?
Yes this should be possible, and I have just made it so :)
Excellent!! :D
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

The newest version of my loyalist campaign (yes, i release insanely often)
version 0.1.4
hope you like the newest scenario (#4A); on scenario 3 you have to kill the western enemy to get to it, eastern leads to a scenario i have not started on yet.
The World of Orbivm