Eastern Invasion

This is the place for discussing development of mainline campaigns, reporting bugs in them and providing overall feedback.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

scenario 4B added, working on scenario 4.5. Again, there is almost no playtesting on this, i don't know how hard it is, so please tell me any problems/suggestions.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
telex4

Post by telex4 »

turin wrote:Again, there is almost no playtesting on this, i don't know how hard it is, so please tell me any problems/suggestions.
I did post a new version of loyalistmap1 (on the third page) that made it easier. I think it still needs to get a lot easier, since the scenarios after that were quite easy in comparison, and perhaps the best way would simply be to reduce the enemy's gold levels by about half.

You really should be playing it on medium or even hard difficulty as the campaign creator ;)
quartex
Inactive Developer

Post by quartex »

By the way, thanks for adding a picture of a trapdoor to level 1. It makes it a lot easier to see what the captain is talking about.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

i used the map changes you suggested. also, you can now recruit heavy infantry at the beginning, which should make it easier, since they have an impact attack, which undead are weak against.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
The World of Orbivm
Christophe33

Post by Christophe33 »

turin wrote:i used the map changes you suggested. also, you can now recruit heavy infantry at the beginning, which should make it easier, since they have an impact attack, which undead are weak against.
I was just going to ask why it wasn't possible to get heavy infantry in the first scenario. The other units are rather hopeless against skeleton. I managed to attrack a single lvl1 skeleton warrior and ganged up 6 units on it during day time...it took me two full turns =12 attacks (and a bit of cheating) to kill it. that was for a test, then I replayed the scenario using two mages and it was better even though it's difficult to pretect two mages from the enemy.
In the second scenario I ended up killing both enemies leader...Well, the dwarf did. I just tried to make a stand against the undead such as to level some units witch were needing a few xp and using the healer to kill one of the undead... after I killed the ghost a dwarf show up, finished one of the revenant. At the next turn two dwarf dwarf finished the last revenant and went after the lich followed by a thrid dwarf.... Since they move faster than my units they killed it before I could have a go and thus level my units. Against the troll, a single dwarf did the job of holding then (quite a lot of luck for the dwarf and I never manage to hit a single time) then after killing the last troll whelp, the dwarf now lvl 2 and another lvl1 went against the troll leader and killed it...well, this time I had the chance to fight once.
Conclusion: the dwarf might be too powerfull or I had a lot of luck (bad or good?)
Never tell a dwarf that he shortchanged you!
telex4

Post by telex4 »

I find that in this campaign you have to use a lot of mages and cavalry, and use spearmen to protect them when you're going to be left with vulnerable units.

Heavy infantry should be a big help there :)
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

The main reason heavy infantry are helpful is undead are weak against their attack, while they are strong against everyone else's except the mages.
the dwarves are going to be moved, and perhaps given less gold, i am not sure yet.
The World of Orbivm
Insinuator

Post by Insinuator »

Confound it all! Does no one post zips any more? My apologies for the outburst, but not all of BFW's players are programmers, and decompiling .tar.gz files are beyond us. If you wish to cut your players, I see, but if not, please compile some zips.
Insinuator

Post by Insinuator »

Forget this message. WinRAR can decompress them.
Last edited by Insinuator on March 2nd, 2004, 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
miyo

Post by miyo »

7-Zip [1] can unpack tar.gz files (it is available for u$win, if you are not using u$win blame yourself for not telling what your platform is).

- Miyo

[1] http://www.7-zip.org
Insinuator

Post by Insinuator »

How is that possible? You must watch these forums like a hawk Miyo. I was just about to delete my post when I saw your reply. Hilarious.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

just some scenario changes, no additions. i was going to add a 'Gweddry' portrait, but i will waint until i also have a 'Dacyn' portrait.
version 0.1.5-2
The World of Orbivm
Kamahawk

Post by Kamahawk »

Insinuator wrote:Confound it all! Does no one post zips any more? My apologies for the outburst, but not all of BFW's players are programmers, and decompiling .tar.gz files are beyond us. If you wish to cut your players, I see, but if not, please compile some zips.
Just for the record the usermade senarios section of the wiki dose have zips.
My contributions to the Wesnoth Project over time are inversly proportional to the number of registered forum users!
Piet Hein wrote:Knowing what thou knowest not is in a sence Omniscience
Christophe33

Post by Christophe33 »

It is still nice to have the link for the download posted here instead of having to search for it.

By the way, you can change your "READ ME"
------------
Under Windows or MAC OSX, copy all files and subdirectories from "data", "images",
"maps", "scenarios", "units" and "misc" directories to your local
installation of wesnoth accordingly.

I assume that for other systems, you will have to do something similar
to what you do for Windows, but i do not know.
---------
I did what you suggested for windows on my Mac and it worked too :D
Never tell a dwarf that he shortchanged you!
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

ok, thanks
The World of Orbivm