[Historical] Son of the Black Eye Updated!

This is the place for discussing development of mainline campaigns, reporting bugs in them and providing overall feedback.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

scott

Post by scott »

Isn't it called "TO the Harbor of Tirigaz"?
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
dtw

Post by dtw »

Taurus wrote:
I really think the habour of Tigrez needs looking at tho:

a) where IS the harbour?!
b) why ARE the undead there
c) the river serves no tactical benefit...

Generally that could use a better map - I think it needed more work than the Seige to be honest...I appreciate the tactical variety of the level, hills north/swamp south but it makes little sense that you would need to defeat both enemies...
Actually, this scenario isn't at the harbour of Tigrez.
Sorry, I had to blow some smoke up your ass there to make a point. As you are headed in a specific directionL a) if neither of the undead leaders are in the way why fight either OR b) why not just fight then on that is in the way? After all, you are going to collect a huge orc horde, you could always come back later and drive them out...
Signature dropped due to use of img tag
Taurus
Inactive Developer

Post by Taurus »

Hmmm, good points. I'll deffinatley give them some thought and will probobally make a few changes. Thanks for pointing them out. Stay tuned for verion 0.4.
Creater of the campaign, "Northern Rebirth"

Compleater of the campaign, "Son of the Black Eye"
Taurus
Inactive Developer

Post by Taurus »

Version 0.4 is out. As suggested, I added some text to make it more clear why Kapou'e has to clear out the undead in "To the Harbour of Trigiz". Then I ballanced "Seige of Barag Gor" A bit and gave "Desert of Death" A tune up and (IMHO) made it a bit more interesting.

Taurus
Inactive Developer

Post by Taurus »

Just to let you know, my computer blew up a few days ago so untill I get it fixed, this is going to be on hold :( Sorry. But I should be up and running in a week or so... hopefully.

Oreb

Post by Oreb »

Looking good, so far, your really keeping to the old theme
I am Oreb, Lord of the Darthien
Give your comments to the World of Orbivm
l'ultimo cruco

Post by l'ultimo cruco »

Taurus wrote:Version 0.4 is out. ...
I think you've got a typo error in to the harbor of tigriz:
you've got 2430 turns to finish on medium difficulty, which obviously leaves you with a hilarious amount of money ever after (I started "black flag" with more than 48.000 gold....- I suppose these should be 24 or 30 turns.
Please check.
Disto

Post by Disto »

l'ultimo cruco wrote:
Taurus wrote:Version 0.4 is out. ...
I think you've got a typo error in to the harbor of tigriz:
you've got 2430 turns to finish on medium difficulty, which obviously leaves you with a hilarious amount of money ever after (I started "black flag" with more than 48.000 gold....- I suppose these should be 24 or 30 turns.
Please check.
That means there is no space between 2 difficulty levels so i imagine it may crash on hard.
Creator of A Seed of Evil
Creator of the Marauders
Food or Wesnoth? I'll have Wesnoth
Taurus
Inactive Developer

Post by Taurus »

Ouch! Yeah, I noticed that, I thought I got it fixed already... Guess not, I'll get a patch up soon. Thanks for pointing that out.

anatelos

SIege of Barag Gor - map

Post by anatelos »

I think of Barag Gor as an Orcish city. The Northerners being adapted to hills better than other, this maybe should be reflected in the map: more hills, esp. Barag Gor as a city on hills.

I've edited the map according to these thoughts. Just a proposal. Of course it forces to rebalance the scenario.

anatelos
Attachments
The_Siege_Of_Barag_Gor_Hills.tar.gz
(471 Bytes) Downloaded 435 times
dtw

Post by dtw »

I have not seen the map but that makes instant sense to me! Why would a race hill dwellers have a major city so close to a river where they are weak? I;m sure there are good arguements but it is a good question :)
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Even though they live in hills, they need a source of water to survive... and orcs definitely don't seem to me like the kind of people who really know how to dig wells...
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
dtw

Post by dtw »

I also considered teh arguemnt that this is their own land and live where they like. Only in other lands ar they forced to the hills.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

I think it would make sense for Barag Gor to be located in a very hilly area, but be next to a small, fast-running stream.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
anatelos

Barag Gor map

Post by anatelos »

Here's another try. I changed the old Barag Gor map (as little as possible) and took Taurus' scenario settings over to it.

What do you think?

anatelos
Attachments
Barag Gor.tar.gz
(4.06 KiB) Downloaded 440 times