[Historical] Orcish campaign

This is the place for discussing development of mainline campaigns, reporting bugs in them and providing overall feedback.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

How is this campaign ?

Too hard, I'm stuck!
No votes
Hard, but challenging
75%
Just as it ought
25%
Too easy, I already have 20 lvl3 trolls !
No votes

Total votes: 4

benj

[Historical] Orcish campaign

Post by benj »

Campaign is now official :D Thanks miyo & dave.
Last edited by benj on May 15th, 2004, 11:33 am, edited 6 times in total.
methinks

Post by methinks »

My first attempt to win FAILED grrrrrrh... At easy, though maybe it is me who suck :)
Circon

Post by Circon »

is not you who suck, is me who suck, who still cannot find out what to do with a tgz file. I don't even want to *touch* tgz after the time one of them replaced WinZip with PicoZip.
Can you post a .zip file or email to me? (erikmesoy AT yahoo DOT com)
fmunoz
Founding Artist

Post by fmunoz »

Winzip open tgz files too. Try renaming it to *.tar.gz
miyo

Post by miyo »

"7-Zip is a free software distributed under the GNU Lesser General Public License." - http://www.7-zip.org

And yes, it is available for u$win.

- Miyo

Post by Guest »

Ooops, I forgot windows folks also play wesnoth. :oops:

Here is a zip archive of the same :
http://www.april.org/~benj/orcish-wars.zip
benj

Post by benj »

methinks wrote:My first attempt to win FAILED grrrrrrh... At easy, though maybe it is me who suck :)
I don't think you suck, this scenario was kind of unbalanced. It is now better balanced.
methinks

Post by methinks »

I will playtest it, I encourage everyone to do so too.
-Adam
quartex
Inactive Developer

Post by quartex »

Any chance of getting a mac version?
Kamahawk

Post by Kamahawk »

The orcish campaign will be included in Sithrandels next OSX binary, until then either: A) Learn how to complie from the CVS or B) Live with it
My contributions to the Wesnoth Project over time are inversly proportional to the number of registered forum users!
Piet Hein wrote:Knowing what thou knowest not is in a sence Omniscience
quartex
Inactive Developer

Post by quartex »

Thanks for the response. I was just asking. I thought since someone had released a windows version, a mac version was something benj could do easily as well. I hadn't realized that it was only one person supporting all the mac players. Don't mean to appear ungreatful.
methinks

Post by methinks »

I am not much of Mac user, but for Windows you do not have to compile it. Simply put those files in the correct folders (maps goes to maps, scenarios to scenarios) and it worked for me :)

And no, you did not sound like ungrateful or anything :) We all know that mac users praise Sithrandel for his work.
-Adam
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Kamahawk wrote:The orcish campaign will be included in Sithrandels next OSX binary, until then either: A) Learn how to complie from the CVS or B) Live with it
The orcish campaign is not yet in CVS, is not yet an official part of the game, and so it won't be included in the binary, unless Sithrandel makes special effort to include it.

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Kamahawk

Post by Kamahawk »

Well, looks like I was wrong, we won't get to see the orc campainge untill its oficial :cry: , or of course Sithrandel makes a special efort to include it in the binary.
My contributions to the Wesnoth Project over time are inversly proportional to the number of registered forum users!
Piet Hein wrote:Knowing what thou knowest not is in a sence Omniscience
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Kamahawk wrote:Well, looks like I was wrong, we won't get to see the orc campainge untill its oficial :cry: , or of course Sithrandel makes a special efort to include it in the binary.
Or you can just work out where the game stores its files, download the zip, and extract them to there...

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming