Under the Burning Suns

This is the place for discussing development of mainline campaigns, reporting bugs in them and providing overall feedback.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Jozrael

Re: Mainline Campaign: Under the Burning Suns

Post by Jozrael »

What scenario are you talking about?
Spoiler:
Nubie

Post by Nubie »

The first one with the elfs running about doing stuff in the desert like reclaiming villages and fighting some evil necromancer.

Here's the save:

http://rapidshare.com/files/223627137/U ... 29.gz.html
Nubie

Post by Nubie »

Think someone could take a look before the uppload disappears maybe?
fabi
Inactive Developer

Post by fabi »

Nubie wrote:Keeps telling me i've not rescued everyone. But I have...I've explored nearly every corner of the map..every tile...stepped on all 19 villages and killed the necro and his minions.

I've had a few units die but the objective is to not loose your leaders, not anyone ellse, right?

Im playing on the hardest difficulty.
Thank you for the report and the savefile.
You can play on after visiting the village at 43/32.
I will remove the flags by not assigning the ownership of the villages to the player at prestart.
This will make missing encounters more easy to spot.

Greetings, Fabi
Nubie

Post by Nubie »

Thanks. So it was a simple scripting error then, great.

The campaign looks really cool otherwise
Nubie

Post by Nubie »

Alright I've located one more scripting error.

On the third map I think when you are fighting 2 Undead tribes + 1 Orcish tribe later on it says "You lose if you control less than 6 villages".

Now I lost when I controlled 7 or 8 villages which indicates that perhaps the scripting says "lose when you have lost 6 villages" or something.

That is during the whole game. Even that seems a bit weird since I think I haven't lost more than 5.
Jozrael

Post by Jozrael »

Did you lose any hero units?
Nubie

Post by Nubie »

Negative, as soon as the orc took the village it was game over.
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

Do you have a replay we could watch?
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
Max

Post by Max »

Nubie wrote:On the third map I think when you are fighting 2 Undead tribes + 1 Orcish tribe later on it says "You lose if you control less than 6 villages".
Now I lost when I controlled 7 or 8 villages which indicates that perhaps the scripting says "lose when you have lost 6 villages" or something.
That is during the whole game. Even that seems a bit weird since I think I haven't lost more than 5.
the variable elven_camps is reduced by 1 if you lose a village, recapturing this village doesn't affect this count. i think "control" in the objectives is a bit misleading...
Nubie

Post by Nubie »

Yeah Max2000 that's what I suspected to.

Then either the objective should be changed to "Lose 6 cities and lose the game" or change the script. If that is the error.
kyi_the_bard

Post by kyi_the_bard »

I played that scenario recently, and when my captain when berserk, he had all the specials on his weapon, he attacked normally, not with berserk. Is he supposed to do that?

It didn't effect my play through much (I beat both undead before the orcs showed up) but it was odd to see.
Meow
Soliton
Site Administrator

Post by Soliton »

kyi_the_bard wrote:I played that scenario recently, and when my captain when berserk, he had all the specials on his weapon, he attacked normally, not with berserk. Is he supposed to do that?
Yes, he only gets berserk against the two undead champions. The name of the special has been removed when inactive now so you only see it in the attack dialog (when attacking the undead champions).

I've clarified the village control objective to "You lose control (even temporarily) of more than 6 villages." now. (There are 12 villages.)
"If gameplay requires it, they can be made to live on Venus." -- scott
GuypronouncedGuy

Post by GuypronouncedGuy »

Good afternoon!

I just wanted to metaphorically 'tip my hat' to the creators of this excellent campaign! I'm playing through it and just made it to the 'into the frying pan' scenario.

I've enjoyed it a lot thus far and appreciate all the work you've done on this!

Cheers,

Guy
Honour is given
Respect is earned
Trust is shared
Integrity is a choice, not a trait.
Dannah

Post by Dannah »

Hello,

since I am a new wesnoth player, I hesitated from playing utbs because of the work in progress note in the description. In fact its more complete than most mainline campaigns.

Its one of the best campaigns i played so far. I liked expecially:

+ the "dune feeling" of having a natural environment where one have advantages about other races
+ great day night pictures
+ pleasant main character
+ good character interactions
+ thirst on desert hexes which leads to a more intense playstyle since you can just heal during night
+ custom amla for Kaleh

comments:
Although i love the idea of thirst and would like to see it in more scenarios, it is to easy, the enemies (like bandits) - having no healers - can be farmed with 1 hp after some turns.
Kaleh could get default amla after getting all custom advancements.
There is an ability called camouflage, which is essential ambush for desert hexes. Nym could get it to make here more special and maybe make it trainable for Kaleh.