Heir to the Throne Update (Current Focus: S1)

This is the place for discussing development of mainline campaigns, reporting bugs in them and providing overall feedback.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

RatArmy

Re: Heir to the Throne Update (Current Focus: S1)

Post by RatArmy » March 14th, 2017, 1:57 pm

This is not about S1, but I think this thread is suitable for posting a HTTT bug report.

In scenario 15, The Lost General.

Code: Select all

[message]
            x,y=6,23
            message= _ "I am of the merfolk, dweller of the vast oceans! Do not ask me what I am doing in a cave. My lord can be somewhat eccentric. We are fighting at the side of your fellow cave-dwellers to drive back the orcs and trolls."
        [/message]
        [message]
            speaker=Ulfdain
            # wmllint: directory spelling mer-mahn
            message= _ "(sniffs) A mer-mahn. Never heard of it. I doubt yer as tasty as my friends here."
        [/message]
First message says "merfork", but second message says as if Ulfdain heard the word as "merman", not "merfolk". Something is strange.
And, "merfolk" in first message was changed from "merman.

Code: Select all

diff --git a/data/campaigns/Heir_To_The_Throne/scenarios/15_The_Lost_General.cfg b/data/campaigns/Heir_To_The_Throne/scenarios/15_The_Lost_General.cfg
index 3711999..b9f6c79 100644
--- a/data/campaigns/Heir_To_The_Throne/scenarios/15_The_Lost_General.cfg
+++ b/data/campaigns/Heir_To_The_Throne/scenarios/15_The_Lost_General.cfg
@@ -207,7 +207,7 @@
         [/message]
         [message]
             x,y=6,23
-            message= _ "I am a merman, dweller of the vast oceans! Do not ask me what I am doing in a cave. My lord can be somewhat eccentric. We are fighting at the side of your fellow cave-dwellers to drive back the orcs and trolls."
+            message= _ "I am of the merfolk, dweller of the vast oceans! Do not ask me what I am doing in a cave. My lord can be somewhat eccentric. We are fighting at the side of your fellow cave-dwellers to drive back the orcs and trolls."
         [/message]
         [message]
             speaker=Ulfdain
Japanese Translator: Mainline components, and some Add-on campaigns...

zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper » March 14th, 2017, 11:49 pm

Yeah, you're right. I'll untangle that somehow.

RatArmy

Post by RatArmy » March 16th, 2017, 9:52 am

@zookeeper
Thanks to fix!
Japanese Translator: Mainline components, and some Add-on campaigns...

ZIM

Post by ZIM » June 10th, 2017, 1:07 am

Hello,
I would like to report a bug,

In scenario Sceptre of Fire, I've choosen Li'sar to take the sceptre, but on the next scenario, Konrad is the one who wield the sceptre.

Could anyone tell me how to fix it?
Only hope and faith can save us.

zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper » June 10th, 2017, 8:13 am

ZIM wrote:Hello,
I would like to report a bug,

In scenario Sceptre of Fire, I've choosen Li'sar to take the sceptre, but on the next scenario, Konrad is the one who wield the sceptre.

Could anyone tell me how to fix it?
It was a bug in 1.13.6. It's been fixed in newer versions, but after updating you'll need to replay from the beginning of the SoF scenario for it to work right. Or I can probably directly hotfix a savefile of your choosing, if you want.

Konrad2
Forum Regular

Re: Heir to the Throne (Small suggestion)

Post by Konrad2 » March 15th, 2018, 6:41 pm

Could we please make Haldiels death (the loyal Horseman you get in scenario 2) a losing condition, at least for a couple scenarios? He has to live long enough to have children, as Deoran, The hero of the Southguard. And a dead Haldiel can hardly be the grandfather of Deoran, nor would he be as much remembered.
I am a Ghost: I drain the life energy from other people to survive and am hated/feared by regular people. Non-regular people don't like me either though.

beetlenaut
Developer

Post by beetlenaut » March 15th, 2018, 10:04 pm

Konrad2 wrote:
March 15th, 2018, 6:41 pm
He has to live long enough to have children
Why can't he already have children when he joins the player's team?
Campaigns: Dead Water,
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide

Konrad2
Forum Regular

Re: Heir to the Throne Update

Post by Konrad2 » March 15th, 2018, 10:23 pm

beetlenaut wrote:
March 15th, 2018, 10:04 pm
Why can't he already have children when he joins the player's team?
One argument would be that he seems to be quite young. But that's not for certain, which is why I added, that he would hardly be remembered as much if he perished early in the campaign. Konrad has a lot of people who aided him and who are loyal, why would Hadiel be special or even be remembered?
And it seems to be a waste to draw a connection to a seemingly insignificant soldier in Konrads army, when you can easly make him more than that.
Maybe not make it necessary for him to survive, but recall him automatically (except underground?). Make him memorable.
That's pretty much my 'strongest' point. If you say that it's important to have been part of Konrads army, then there are a looooooot of important people at the end of the campaign.

I've reread the Intro of TSG and Deoran is described as a young man, when it's the 9th year of Konrads rule (at least 15(?) years old but not much more).
Any idea how many months/years HttT spans?
I am a Ghost: I drain the life energy from other people to survive and am hated/feared by regular people. Non-regular people don't like me either though.

zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper » March 15th, 2018, 11:36 pm

Just because Haldiel is mentioned in passing in TSG's intro doesn't mean he should be special or particularly memorable in HttT. Deoran being Haldiel's grandson is just a little bit of connecting tissue between different storylines, and no one would miss if it had never been there in the first place.