[Historical] Liberty

This is the place for discussing development of mainline campaigns, reporting bugs in them and providing overall feedback.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Prometheus

Post by Prometheus »

I fixed the range problems. I also copied over the shadow_mage and shadow_lord files from Saving Elensefar (which oddly enough have textdomain Liberty). However the sound files are still not working. I don't know why. They don't seem to work in Saving Elensefar either.

I reworked Unlawful orders, changing the units that switched back and forth, so that should fix the crash reported earlier.

So far as I know, Liberty is now free of bugs affecting gameplay.
Brivido
Translator

Outlaw campaign: Liberty

Post by Brivido »

Prometheus wrote: So far as I know, Liberty is now free of bugs affecting gameplay.
And we just completed the italian translation of the campaign.
KRCM

Post by KRCM »

Hello,

Just played trough it and I have noticed a few bugs.
1) Harper has different XP requirement between 1st and the others scenario's (1st 42XP, others 36XP)
2) In grey woods (or forest) scenario : If you pick up the anchor the attack type is still long

I only have to play the last scenario, but It was nice to see that somenone botter to maintain such an old campaign. It was one the first I ever played 2 years ago ...
Maintainer Elf War
kossa

Shadow Mage

Post by kossa »

My rogue mages are unable to advance to Shadow Mages. When they advance an error appears saying that there's no Shadow Mage unit!

In the code for the unit rogue mage the code for advance says:

Code: Select all

advanteto=shadow mage
while in the shadow mage unit code it's writen:

id=shadow_mage
I've modified the code like this:

advanceto=shadow_mage
but it doesn't work.

I don't know if the problem is from th code of the units or some interference from other campaign like the one that happened with the campaign Elves and Woses where th elvish fighter and the elvish scout simply had no images in this and any other campaign since it's installation.
wsultzbach

Post by wsultzbach »

I just played the latest version.

There's no music in several scenarios. I looked at the WML and it uses older music files like wesnoth-8.ogg. I think those songs would work well for it and give it an old feel. You just need to put them in the game.

Also Glory doesn't have music even though it uses wesnoth-1.ogg. What gives?
What's this annoying thing that appears at the bottom of every one of my posts?
Vela

Post by Vela »

A smallish bug report: in the 3rd (IIRC) scenario, in middle difficulty, the saurian leader will only recruit in the first turn. That makes it easy to kill him with only 5-6 units, so please don't fix this bug :) .
Signature, sure, I'll sign there...
Prometheus

Post by Prometheus »

OK, I'll look into these bugs. About the music I might just make a note that old music files are needed.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Prometheus wrote:OK, I'll look into these bugs. About the music I might just make a note that old music files are needed.
I'd very strongly suggest just choosing new music for scenarios which use music files that have since been removed. It's supposed to be a 1.2-compatible campaign, so it should by default use 1.2 music (unless there's a good specific reason why not, which I don't really see in this case).
Prometheus

Post by Prometheus »

vela wrote:saurian leader will only recruit in the first turn.
I don't see anything wrong with the scenario. The Saurians should receive 15 gold a turn, and an ambusher costs 30. But the first reinforcement ambusher might not appear until turn 4, as some gold will be lost for maintenence. Are you sure there are no reinforcements at all?
wsultzbach wrote:Also Glory doesn't have music even though it uses wesnoth-1.ogg. What gives?
Apparently the music tags function differantly now, so the music="wesnoth-1.ogg" syntax only works inside [story] (?). Fixed.
kossa wrote:advanceto=shadow_mage but it doesn't work.
I think probably it DOES work, but you can't change things partway through a scenario, and if you change things at the beginning, before turn 1, you have to exit Wesnoth entirely for the change to take effect. The shadow mage advancement had a similar problem, both of these should be fixed. But it might be there is incompatability with Saving Elensefar, where these units also appear. I don't think so though.
KRCM wrote:the anchor the attack type is still long
The ankh should have a ranged attack type. Fixed.

KRCM wrote: Harper has different XP requirement between 1st and the others scenario's (1st 42XP, others 36XP)
At the end of scenario 2 the peasant_ units turn into ordinary outlaws, which is why Harper's experience changes. Some other properties change too. I have no idea the reason for this change. It doesn't seem to add anything to me. For better or worse it is a feature not a bug.

I was thinking, maybe the peasant_ units should be neutral alignment. Then when they switched to outlaws there really would be a differance. What do you all think?
nightcrawler

Post by nightcrawler »

Prometheus wrote:
KRCM wrote: Harper has different XP requirement between 1st and the others scenario's (1st 42XP, others 36XP)
At the end of scenario 2 the peasant_ units turn into ordinary outlaws, which is why Harper's experience changes. Some other properties change too. I have no idea the reason for this change. It doesn't seem to add anything to me. For better or worse it is a feature not a bug.

I was thinking, maybe the peasant_ units should be neutral alignment. Then when they switched to outlaws there really would be a differance. What do you all think?
The peasant_ versions should be exact copies of their outlaw counterparts, except the names, ID's, and descriptions are different. This is to create the story effect where they start out as normal civilians and switch to outlaws. The stats should match, but since custom units were used and not updated to the most recent official outlaw stats, they fell out of sync. The alignments should stay because the player needs to not re-learn how to use his units. Besides, "Outlaws fight better at night." And the ladies look good doing it!
"Then I'd prefer you refer to it as 'The Midlands'"

If I'm supposed to fight creeping biggerism, then why is it a game feature?
Vela

Post by Vela »

Prometheus wrote:
vela wrote:saurian leader will only recruit in the first turn.
I don't see anything wrong with the scenario. The Saurians should receive 15 gold a turn, and an ambusher costs 30. But the first reinforcement ambusher might not appear until turn 4, as some gold will be lost for maintenence. Are you sure there are no reinforcements at all?
Yep, I'm sure - the turn before I kill the guy (turn 10 or so), he's got +19 income, and 153 gold. It'll likely have to do with my switching to 1.2.3.

BTW I just noticed that unlike in 1.2.2 I can't recruit *peasants* anymore, but thugs, poachers and footpads.
Signature, sure, I'll sign there...
nightcrawler

Post by nightcrawler »

Will there be a 1.3 version of this campaign?
"Then I'd prefer you refer to it as 'The Midlands'"

If I'm supposed to fight creeping biggerism, then why is it a game feature?
tr0ll

Post by tr0ll »

The Liberty campaign is listed as mainline in the docs and is distributed with version 1.3.8. I've played it through and it works well, but noticed a couple of minor glitches:
- the saurian leader not recruiting problem still seems to be there
- Baldras and Harper don't have the leadership trait in any scenario (should they?) while some of the enemies don't and some do.
- Harper death not listed as defeat condition in last scenario (i reported bug but it was marked invalid so perhaps it is a design issue)
Prometheus

Post by Prometheus »

Harper's death is not supposed to be a defeat condition in the last scenario.

I don't think Baldras, and certainly not Harper, are supposed to have the leadership trait.

I have never been able to isolate the Saurian recruitment problem. I was hoping it didn't really exist. The scenario worked in earlier versions, so there must have been some breaking change in the engine. I can't figure out what though. Anybody who can should speak up.

I'm no longer maintaining this scenario, by the way, I don't know who is.
Baerdahl

Post by Baerdahl »

I don't remember the scenarios name but it was the one where you had to kill the lich and met the shadow mage. there is an amulet to find giving the unit a 24-1 arcane attack. for me it was a trapper who got the amulet and upon killing the lich he levelled. somehow in the next scenario the attack was gone. is this supposed to happen when the unit levels or is it a bug?
(however if it is not a bug, i had similar problems in The Rise of Wesnoth with the Holy Water where the units who got that water lost their holy attacks in the next scenario without levelling)