THoT Forbidden Forest objective

For writers working on documentation, story prose, announcements, and all kinds of Wesnoth text.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

josteph
Inactive Developer

THoT Forbidden Forest objective

Post by josteph »

The objective of the THoT scenario "Forbidden Forest" is
Move both Aiglondur and Angarthing to the eastern signpost
I find that unclear since while there is a signpost on the map, the signpost occupies a hex and two units can't occupy the same hex at once. I had to check the WML to figure out what the victory condition is: the scenario is won as soon as Aiglondur reaches the signpost hex after Angarthing already visited that hex, or vice versa. If I hadn't read the WML I would have assumed that Aiglondur needed to be on the hex and Angarthing next to him, or something like that.

Perhaps the objective could be clarified?
stefankeys

Re: THoT Forbidden Forest objective

Post by stefankeys »

Yes that sounds confusing but it sounds a bit hard to clarify the explanation without it being a word or two too long....
Check out my blog at sosbrigade.club
josteph
Inactive Developer

Post by josteph »

We could add a "note", shown at the bottom of the objectives dialog in white, if that helps. The condition that triggers victory has changed since I started this thread: now it's "Aiglondur needs to be on the signpost and Angarthing next to him, or vice-versa".
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

josteph wrote: March 13th, 2019, 10:08 pm We could add a "note", shown at the bottom of the objectives dialog in white, if that helps. The condition that triggers victory has changed since I started this thread: now it's "Aiglondur needs to be on the signpost and Angarthing next to him, or vice-versa".
Yes that makes more sense than before and is likely what I would do given the instruction you previously described.

Also a note probably would be helpful so it makes sense to add it to clarify.
josteph
Inactive Developer

Post by josteph »

Okay, clarified in 7c839e45a96279007e7e7282e42454479644e390. I can't backport it right now because of string freeze but I'll make a note to backport it for 1.14.8. Until then if anyone has tweaks to the wording, please suggest them. Thanks for the feedback!