a [rescinded] History of the Xalīdı (Khalidi)

For writers working on documentation, story prose, announcements, and all kinds of Wesnoth text.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Can-ned_Food

a [rescinded] History of the Xalīdı (Khalidi)

Post by Can-ned_Food »

EDIT:

Because it looks like my proposal is not being considered, I decided to rescind it so that I could use something similar in one of my own non-CC works. If I was incorrect, and you guys want it replaced here, then I will edit it back in.

Anyways, thank you for reading!
Last edited by Can-ned_Food on December 19th, 2017, 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eagle_11

Re: a proposed History of the Xalīdı (Khalidi)

Post by Eagle_11 »

You said history but this is rather mythology :P
Can-ned_Food

Post by Can-ned_Food »

No, this is a sequence of events that happened as described and is not mythic in the Jungian classification.
In this history, the first Xalid did indeed hear a voice, and this is exactly how it happened and not how it was later embellished or abstracted. Of course, we don't know any more about the identity or nature of that voice of the “One” than what it said itself.
Last edited by Can-ned_Food on February 9th, 2018, 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
BTIsaac

Post by BTIsaac »

That's the problem with fantasy. You can't always tell the difference between mythology and history.

I kid. I recall it was pulled off well with the Quenoth Elves.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Re: a [rescinded] History of the Xalīdı (Khalidi)

Post by Pentarctagon »

The Dunefolk currently lacks a race description, and lore in general, so if you think it'd be relevant then I'd encourage you to either put it back or post it here.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Can-ned_Food

Re: a [rescinded] History of the Xalīdı (Khalidi)

Post by Can-ned_Food »

Thought I'd reply so that you know I saw your post: no, it really was an attempt to validate the old Khalifate theme of a monotheistic empire. I think nobody liked it because it didn't fit with the Wesnoth universe.

So far as me offering anything regarding the Dunefolk: I could spew a paragraph or two on that thread but only if somebody would directly request me to do so. I.e. you've seen my ideas or writing elsewhere and would like something from me. Send me a PM if that is the case.
Eh. Maybe I will anyway. I like being ignored here. :roll: