A new history: need help

For writers working on documentation, story prose, announcements, and all kinds of Wesnoth text.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Re: A new history: need help

Postby ElderofZion » August 5th, 2017, 11:03 am

Maybe he wanted to hide the staff because 'it was too dangerous for mere mortals" XD

About the faction you would play, if it has to be one of the default factions maybe make the protagonist one of the lich lords (caror perhaps?) and make him kill drakes XD or maybe make it some variation of a dwarf campaign.
@Elder but we have asked for the disclosure of all the cheese and we treat it seriously. Everyone on this site can get banned, everyone.
@Elder ale prosiliśmy o wyjawianie wszystkich serów i traktujemy to poważnie. Każdy na tej stronie może zostać zbanowany, każdy.

- Sagez
ElderofZion

Postby Ephraim » August 5th, 2017, 11:53 am

So, Delfador staff was the first mage's staff, and the Rod of Justice another thing...

About the faction: I can't use the elves, because they lived in the Great Continent, I can't use dwarves, because they lived in the Great Continent: but maybe I can use a dwarf clan in the depths of Irdya (in TRoW, Burin the lost was a underground traveler).
About trolls, nothing. They lived in the Great Continent.
Drakes are the principal enemy.
Undead will appear later in the story.
For Khalifate, I have a story planned, but not in this campaign.
Loyalists ... well, they were the "sequel" of other humans who inhabited the Old Continent, therefore, technologically advanced on that island. However, those who stayed on the old continent did not become what the loyalists are now.

What can we do? Well, another faction, like Aragwaithi, can be the primitive humans that inhabited the Old Continent.
The Great Library of WML is huge and extense. I must find the book who will lead me to create a perfect campaign.
Future Project: History of Vindalf
Ephraim

Postby ElderofZion » August 5th, 2017, 12:49 pm

Or the same thing, it makes more sense.

Undead are always a good option
@Elder but we have asked for the disclosure of all the cheese and we treat it seriously. Everyone on this site can get banned, everyone.
@Elder ale prosiliśmy o wyjawianie wszystkich serów i traktujemy to poważnie. Każdy na tej stronie może zostać zbanowany, każdy.

- Sagez
ElderofZion

Postby Ephraim » August 5th, 2017, 2:14 pm

But, the history is about how the humans became lich—lords. So, I need a human faction technologically less advanced than loyalists, and Aragwaithi is a good option.

I only have one doubt... undead vs drakes? That's impossible :lol: .

Talking about orcs: they allied with the wesfolk when they were in the Green isle, in year 20BW. But, how the Wesfolk managed to ally with such creatures, maybe because they were old friends?
The Great Library of WML is huge and extense. I must find the book who will lead me to create a perfect campaign.
Ephraim

Postby Lord-Knightmare » August 6th, 2017, 10:04 am

Talking about orcs: they allied with the wesfolk when they were in the Green isle, in year 20BW. But, how the Wesfolk managed to ally with such creatures, maybe because they were old friends?

No They were allied with the Lich Lords...NOT with the Wesfolk. The Wesfolk were just followers of the Lich Lords and were later dismissed (TRoW).
The Lich Lords built a portal to the Old Continent and brought the orcs into the Green Isle.
Lord-Knightmare
Forum Regular

Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Postby Ephraim » August 6th, 2017, 11:54 am

Followers of the Lich-Lords... but, again, maybe will exist an ancient alliance between Lich-Lords and Orcs before they arrive to the Green Isle.

And, talking about past years, orcs attacked humans before they left the Old Continent, or after they left it?
Ephraim

Postby Lord-Knightmare » August 6th, 2017, 3:34 pm

an ancient alliance between Lich-Lords and Orcs before they arrive to the Green Isle.

Yes
And, talking about past years, orcs attacked humans before they left the Old Continent, or after they left it?

Orcs and humans have been fighting on the Old Continent before the founding of Anaktoron itself.

Please play the campaign Library of Kratemaqht. The campaign answers all your questions.
Lord-Knightmare
Forum Regular

Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Previous

Return to Writers’ Forum