A new history: need help

For writers working on documentation, story prose, announcements, and all kinds of Wesnoth text.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ephraim

Re: A new history: need help

Post by Ephraim »

How can be originated the Ruby of Fire?
Here's an idea for you:
Create a powerful fire dragon in your story, kill it, rip its heart out, smelt the heart into a gem...and you have the Ruby of Fire.
That was my principal idea! :lol:
How can be originated the Ruby of Fire? Maybe a fusion of the Guardian of Fire and the Guardian of Darkness?

And wich are its powers in IftU and AtS, apart of throwing fireballs?

Bruh,
If you wanna build your campaign on the backstory established by another group, you will end up ruining it. #BeenThereDoneThat
As an UMC author, my advice to you is this: make your own. Your own custom continent, your own kingdoms on it, your own magical artefacts hidden in the depths of Irdya (or some other world entirely). Be like revansurik. XD
Yes... I was worried about how can convine shadown's history with mine.

I will create my own Old Continent.

Question:
How can I draw a map with similar traces to other Wesnoth's maps, as the author of "The Library of Kratemaqht" did?
The Great Library of WML is huge and extense. I must find the book who will lead me to create a perfect campaign.
Future Project: History of Vindalf
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Ephraim wrote:In this case...
How can be originated the Ruby of Fire? Maybe a fusion of the Guardian of Fire and the Guardian of Darkness?

And wich are its powers in IftU and AtS, apart of throwing fireballs?
The Ruby of Fire in IftU and AtS is actually the heart of the Gatekeeper of Irdya, herself just a remnant of a much larger ancient being, the Guardian of Existence (the darkness counterpart to the Guardian of Life). No-one knows for sure what her powers were, but they were clearly great enough to create a whole plane and move Inferno and Silida into it. In IftU and AtS the Ruby is used as a power amplifier/focus, and to destroy another Gatekeeper.

Its creation must have involved one or more powerful sorcerers confronting the Gatekeeper of Irdya and killing her while preserving her heart.

As for mainline, it states that the Ruby has the power to summon fire, and it has a dark corrupting presence that seems to tear into the mind of whoever wields it and corrupt them, at least until it was shielded and made into the Sceptre of Fire.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

Here's an idea for you:
Create a powerful fire dragon in your story, kill it, rip its heart out, smelt the heart into a gem...and you have the Ruby of Fire.

That was my principal idea! :lol:
If I recall correctly that's pretty much how it came to be in TLoK, right? It has been some time since I played through it. Just that instead of being the heart, the ruby was on the forehead of the dragon.
Creator of Dawn of Thunder and Global Unitmarkers

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl
Ephraim

Post by Ephraim »

If I recall correctly that's pretty much how it came to be in TLoK, right? It has been some time since I played through it. Just that instead of being the heart, the ruby was on the forehead of the dragon.
That's true. But maybe there is another explain for the Ruby:
It is the flame that maintains alive the drakes. If this flame keeps burning, near or far from the drakes, they will stand alive. It was the heart of the Great Dragon and, unable to destroy it in the battle, the humans kept it as a jewel. Maybe the dark aura is the the devastating and bad character of the dragon.
The Great Library of WML is huge and extense. I must find the book who will lead me to create a perfect campaign.
Ephraim

Post by Ephraim »

Hello again!

I've got a new question: What is exactly the Rod of Justice?

Thanks!
Elder2

Post by Elder2 »

Here you have official timeline of Wesnoth

https://wiki.wesnoth.org/Timeline_of_Wesnoth

Unofficial one (I know it only partially)

https://wiki.wesnoth.org/Timeline_of_An ... -official)

And another unofficial one (to which I can relate more since I oplayed all of these campaigns)

https://wiki.wesnoth.org/Timeline_of_Pre-Wesnoth

I hope this helps.
Ephraim

Post by Ephraim »

Yeah, it were very useful, but them don't say anything about the Rod.
James_The_Invisible

Post by James_The_Invisible »

This artifact is discovered in mainline campaign Northern Rebirth in scenario Pursuit. The heroes have a talk about it upon finding it. The dialogue can be also found the wiki.
Elder2

Post by Elder2 »

They do. In timeline of Pre-Wesnoth you have:
Spoiler:
I don't know about the other un-official timeline but I bet if you searched for "rod of justice" you would find something.
Ephraim

Post by Ephraim »

In this case, of the first mage was the first owner of the rod of justice, then it is his staff, and Delfador found it in the land of the death, so... there is a problem.

I was playing Northern Rebirth, and in the scenario «the pursuit» Abhai talks about his past, but I don't understood him. He was a king from the Old Continent, and Malifor a mage of his time, or... Malifor was a mage from the green isle... What they were?
Elder2

Post by Elder2 »

Indeed, and in the timeline Delfador did indeed wield rod of justice. I don't know if it creates any incostistencies in Northern Rebirth context, probably not, you would need to check that.

About malifor, his story is exmpained in Birtch of a Lich. As far as i remember he was a mage who when put in a desperate situation in the caves decided to become a lich, later he enslawed rest of the people in his expedition. He found rod of justice in the caves, guarded by an ancient dragon, (he wanted to use it for some noble purpose I think or something) and tried to harness its power, but he didn't succeed, all he could do is conjure weak magical lightnings out of it far weaker than his own power. Then he found sister Thea and farther Morvin who had these famous immortality ability, he captured them in hopes he could use them to discover how to use the rod.

I think you could bend the history of NR and Birth of a Lich to somewhat fit the history of A Song of Fire saga, but i am not sure.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Indeed, and in the timeline Delfador did indeed wield rod of justice. I don't know if it creates any incostistencies in Northern Rebirth
It kinda does. If Delfador was buried inside the Royal Crypt in Weldyn...and what did he do with his staff that ended in it being lost in the Heart Mountains? I guess A Song of Fire ignored this detail.
Off-Topic:
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
James_The_Invisible

Lord-Knightmare wrote:If Delfador was buried inside the Royal Crypt in Weldyn
Epilogue of Heir to the Throne says this about the (real) prince Konrad.
Timeline of Wesnoth wrote:533 YW
Delfador succumbs to old age and dies, his body is entombed alongside his staff in Eregonor.
Do note, that this is just 1 year before Northern Rebirth begins. It is most likely that the Rod of Justice was in the Heart Mountains for years, if not decades.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Do note, that this is just 1 year before Northern Rebirth begins. It is most likely that the Rod of Justice was in the Heart Mountains for years, if not decades.
So, you're implying the Great Mage Delfador got clumsy, misplaced his Rod-of-Justice staff, and replaced it with an identical replica?
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
James_The_Invisible

:lol: No. I rather think that his staff was not the Rod of Justice. But this all is just a speculation as there is too little info in mainline about that staff/Rod of Justice.