Writing assistance.

For writers working on documentation, story prose, announcements, and all kinds of Wesnoth text.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

TheGreatRings

Writing assistance.

Post by TheGreatRings »

I'm a long-time fan of Wesnoth, but my skills and interests lie more in the direction of writing than coding, music, or graphics.

So, I'm putting this out here: if anyone wants assistance with campaign stories, dialog, or proof-reading/editing of narration/dialog, I am interested in assisting (time and availability permitting, of course).
"One man alone cannot fight the future"-
The X-files

"Send these foul beasts into the abyss"-Gandalf
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Re: Writing assistance.

Post by Sapient »

Was this "Revising the HttT Text & Dialogue" project ever completed? viewtopic.php?p=510772#p510772
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
TheGreatRings

Post by TheGreatRings »

I don't know, but since the thread seems to have died almost four years ago, I'm guessing no.

I recall a number of threads discussing improvements to HttT's dialog and plot over the years, but I don't know if any of those efforts ever got added, even partially, to mainline.

Its a subject I'd certainly be interested in revisiting, as soon as I've played through HttT again to refresh my memory and see what the current status of the campaign is.
The X-files

TheGreatRings

Post by TheGreatRings »

I've put up a thread specifically for discussing dialog/story editing of HttT, if anyone's interested.
The X-files

Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

I just noticed that all those dropbox links for vodot's work have expired. That is a real shame, because I thought his edits were fantastic. My idea was for you to just continue where he left off.

Does anyone still have those files?
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

So, I'm putting this out here: if anyone wants assistance with campaign stories, dialog, or proof-reading/editing of narration/dialog, I am interested in assisting (time and availability permitting, of course).
If you can do faction or unit descriptions, please PM me. War of Legends is still lacking unit descriptions for most of the factions.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
IIIO_METAL

Post by IIIO_METAL »

The Great Rings wrote:So, I'm putting this out here: if anyone wants assistance with campaign stories, dialog, or proof-reading/editing of narration/dialog, I am interested in assisting (time and availability permitting, of course).
I also like to ask you.

I would like to ask you to rewrite the text of the add-on campaign "Mountain Witch". (Of course, if there is something you are interested in)
"Mountain Witch" translated originally from Japanese was translated into English. However, my English skills are not very good, and the completed English text has a bad reputation.
Please PM me if you accept this proposal.
Creator of "Mountain Witch" & "Castle of evil spirit"
PastaSaucey

Post by PastaSaucey »

Hey, there The Great Rings!

I am an aspiring Wesnoth writer who wants some feedback on his new campaign idea, A Bond of Blood (Knaglan Alliance campaign).

If you want, I can post the file here or I can pm it 2 u if u want. Pls let me know sometime!

Check me out here viewtopic.php?f=6&t=32268&p=632794#p632794
Think outside the quadrilateral parallelogram