Any established canon about Carorath ?

For writers working on documentation, story prose, announcements, and all kinds of Wesnoth text.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Eagle_11

Any established canon about Carorath ?

Post by Eagle_11 »

Is it the Irdyan equivelant of "realm in a far east" like china or india ? Or is it in the middle of continent, is it an human realm or belongs to some race else ? Lawful or evil realm ?

Concerning the umc large map of the great continent, how far away would they be to wesnoth ?
About what is further east of wesnoth, there is atleast one umc establishment named Silver Lands, however wilderlands and Freelands mp map descriptions mention different things.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Re: Any established canon about Carorath ?

Post by zookeeper »

I think sometimes multiplayer scenario descriptions are rather disconnected from the "real" campaign-based canon of what's where and when, and might contain things that don't really make sense considering geography and timelines. Personally, I had no idea that there was a reference to a "Kingdom of Carorath" in mainline at all. So, yeah, there's no established canon about it. There's not really any canonical details about the far eastern lands in general, either.
Gyra_Solune

Re: Any established canon about Carorath ?

Post by Gyra_Solune »

zookeeper wrote:I think sometimes multiplayer scenario descriptions are rather disconnected from the "real" campaign-based canon of what's where and when, and might contain things that don't really make sense considering geography and timelines. Personally, I had no idea that there was a reference to a "Kingdom of Carorath" in mainline at all. So, yeah, there's no established canon about it. There's not really any canonical details about the far eastern lands in general, either.
They're mentioned specifically in the description of the Freelands map.