Regarding the South Guards texts

For writers working on documentation, story prose, announcements, and all kinds of Wesnoth text.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Xara

Regarding the South Guards texts

Post by Xara »

I found a few problems with the South Guard campaign's text:

1. A contradiction:
In scenario 5, Ethiliel said "The Black River is before us. No elf, still living, has crossed it." But just in the next scenario of the bandit path, Urza said he used to dodge Elves there and the woods are crawling with Elves. And players fight squads of annoying Elvish guerillas along the way.

2. The last scenario of Elven Path ends abruptly, when Ethiliel enters the target woods. Maybe somebody should say something before the screen change?

3. At the end of the campaign, it says sir Deoran was summoned to Weldyn for a council with King Haldric himself because clouds were brewing throughout the realm in the next spring of the campaign. I guess this was a reference of Eastern Invasion in older version wesnoth. But now there is a gap of 20 years between the 2 campaigns. And according to the timeline, nothing happened during the years. So, another story ending?
It pronounces Sha'ha, not Zara.

Feedback Thread of my Add-ons
Tom_Of_Wesnoth

Re: Regarding the South Guards texts

Post by Tom_Of_Wesnoth »

For the first one, perhaps change it to "No Elf has crossed it and returned to tell the tale".
If presented with the opportunity, I would take great pleasure in becoming a world ruler.
Xara

Re: Regarding the South Guards texts

Post by Xara »

Tom_Of_Wesnoth wrote:For the first one, perhaps change it to "No Elf has crossed it and returned to tell the tale".
The line is already changed: "Few elves have crossed it, and fewer still have lingered there long."
It pronounces Sha'ha, not Zara.

Feedback Thread of my Add-ons