Two possible new storylines and campaigns

For writers working on documentation, story prose, announcements, and all kinds of Wesnoth text.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

jmh

Two possible new storylines and campaigns

Post by jmh »

I'm wondering if anyone has given thought to, or even started on, either of the following storyline/campaigns.

1) The story or who Konrad is -- or perhaps better said as what was his parents story. We know he's an orphan that the elves found and was then groomed for the story in HttT. Who were his parents? Why was he left where the elves would find him -- was that pure chance or something more? What type of training did he receive while with the elves? Was he really just a happen stance or was his life already caught up in the rebellion at birth?

2) What happens between HttT and UtBS? We get a brief story of the rise of some great civilization and then its fall due to arrogance. Seems like there might be a story about attempts to fight against the corruption of power and arrogance.

Anyone have thought on those lines or started anything in those areas?
TheGreatRings

Re: Two possible new storylines and campaigns

Post by TheGreatRings »

jmh wrote:I'm wondering if anyone has given thought to, or even started on, either of the following storyline/campaigns.

1) The story or who Konrad is -- or perhaps better said as what was his parents story. We know he's an orphan that the elves found and was then groomed for the story in HttT. Who were his parents? Why was he left where the elves would find him -- was that pure chance or something more? What type of training did he receive while with the elves? Was he really just a happen stance or was his life already caught up in the rebellion at birth?
As I recall, his training with the elves is covered a bit in the tutorial for the game.

As for his background/family, it could be interesting, but odds are he and his parents weren't anyone particularly powerful or famous. He was just some orphaned child who was caught up in big events because he happened to end up with Delfadore and company, who saw an opportunity.

And elaborating more would kind of spoil the mystery.
2) What happens between HttT and UtBS? We get a brief story of the rise of some great civilization and then its fall due to arrogance. Seems like there might be a story about attempts to fight against the corruption of power and arrogance.

Anyone have thought on those lines or started anything in those areas?
There are a lot of campaigns between HttT and UtBS. Northern Rebirth, Hammer of Thursagan, Son of the Black Eye (based on the timeline), Eastern Invasion...

As for one about events leading up to the fall, people have tried this (I even did some writing for one such campaign a long time ago), but there's nothing in mainline. I figure one man's add-on is as legitimate as another's, so if you want to try your own take on it, I'd say go for it.
"One man alone cannot fight the future"-
The X-files

"Send these foul beasts into the abyss"-Gandalf