Flags/emblems in Battle for Wesnoth.

For writers working on documentation, story prose, announcements, and all kinds of Wesnoth text.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

TheGreatRings

Flags/emblems in Battle for Wesnoth.

Post by TheGreatRings »

Just something that occurred to me.

Are their any official flags/emblems/coats of arms/etc. for any of the factions/nobles in the game?

If not, I can think of at least a couple of possibilities:

1. Wesnoth's world doesn't use them much, if at all, for whatever reason. Its a different world with unique cultures.

2. We could create some, just for fun /adding a little more detail to the setting.

I'm not much of an graphics artist, but I just thought I'd throw this out here.
"One man alone cannot fight the future"-
The X-files

"Send these foul beasts into the abyss"-Gandalf
Iris
Site Administrator

Re: Flags/emblems in Battle for Wesnoth.

Post by Iris »

There is the Sceptre of Fire for the Wesnoth kingdom, although the Sceptre didn’t come into existence as such until its eponymous campaign, so it’s not clear what Wesnoth’s emblem was before that. This emblem is used in several of the loyalist portraits done by LordBob, in particular in the Royal Guard’s portrait; as well as kitty’s Li’sar.

The elves have a recurring tree pattern of their own that’s most visible on the Elvish Captain’s banner in his portrait, as well as the Elvish High Lord’s armor design. Both were done by kitty, and some of her other elf portraits feature variations on the same general pattern.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
TheGreatRings

Re: Flags/emblems in Battle for Wesnoth.

Post by TheGreatRings »

Interesting.

I wonder what Wesnoth would have used before the Sceptre of Fire. Perhaps whatever Haldric's coat of arms was. Or something symbolizing both the Wesfolk and Haldric's people.

Personally I think that a phoenix might make a fine symbol for the Northern Alliance (aside from the fact that I don't recall any evidence of phoenixes existing in the world of Battle for Wesnoth). Rising from the ashes and so on...

Dwarves... a hammer, maybe? There's the whole mining culture and the Hammer of Thursagan, after all.
"One man alone cannot fight the future"-
The X-files

"Send these foul beasts into the abyss"-Gandalf