Demons/creatures who stole human senses?

For writers working on documentation, story prose, announcements, and all kinds of Wesnoth text.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

HAL9000

Demons/creatures who stole human senses?

Post by HAL9000 »

Does any myth, tale or fable relate anything about this? Is there any creature or myth in any folklore, any country about this?
StandYourGround
Location: On a blue ball spinning through space at incomprehensible speed

Re: Demons/creatures who stole human senses?

Post by StandYourGround »

Odd first thing to post on a web forum...

But what exactly do you mean by "[stealing] human senses?" If you're referring to demons possessing and controlling a human, there are stories about that in lots of places. If you're talking about a demon or such creature making someone blind, dumb, deaf, or some combination of those, there are stories about that...

Welcome to the forums.
I will now resume lurking silently.
HAL9000

Post by HAL9000 »

Hi,

Thank you for your answer. Sorry it took me so long. I never received any mail or anything and I completely forgot about it. Actually, I never found this until now and the only thing I got was someone telling me that there are stories about mermaids doing such things, which I never read or heard of.

Yes, I meant a a demon that doesn't posses, but a demon that takes human senses to become a human itself. Instead of living in somebody's body, making his own body. What if you don't find a body you like? Makes sense, right? I don't want stories of exorcisms, but creatures/demons in any folklore/religion who could do such things.

So yes, a demon or creature that makes people go blind, dumb, etc. could work. The more things the demon/creature does, the better. If it can do everything, would be a perfect fit.

Might be odd. I'm a writer. So if I can find what I'm looking for in real life, it'd be much better than just making it up.

many thanks in advance!! it would be really helpful. And again, sorry it took me so long.
firefox

Post by firefox »

in the inuyasha anime there is a short appearance of a demon without face. he feels that he is missing something and goes around to steal peoples faces, along with their voice and abilities in order to create the perfect body for himself.

i think that most of the demon stories from inuyasha are based on actual myths and legends about demons.
the motive of a faceless demon that steals faces also appeared in other stories, so there must be a myth about that in some culture.
i guess it's part of the asian mythology. they have a lot of demon stories.
may the source be with you
=(^.^)= nyan~
HAL9000

Post by HAL9000 »

Ok,

Thank you. I'll try to check that out!