A twist of fate, concerning Ockwards UMC

For writers working on documentation, story prose, announcements, and all kinds of Wesnoth text.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ockward

Re: A twist of fate, concerning Ockwards UMC

Post by Ockward »

zookeeper wrote:There's no reason for the discrepancy, the hills are simply different on all maps and I might also have tweaked my technique slightly between the maps, making the hills on the newer EI map look slightly more dense.
I'll use this unintentional discrepancy to my advantage, then. :twisted:
zookeeper wrote:
Thirdly, could there possibly be a reason for elves to not inhabit at least one of these two forests? This is the only catch hindering me from starting to make maps in the editor.

I can't see any reason why they couldn't, or why there couldn't be a reason why they wouldn't.
Let's make it a mystical reason, then. It's practically not a reason for the elves, since they just avoid the forest of my choice unconsciuosly, and if asked why they don't inhabit it, they also unconsciously avoid the question, and both the one who asked and was asked forget it. It exsists, but also doesn't, because something can only exsist if you believe in it (money, for example), on the other hand it is clearly there, on the maps and in the vision of those who pass. It is simply not registered by anyone, not even at the point it is added to a map.
*extreme satisfaction by the description, which is exponentially increased by listening to music from the anime "Shiki"*
zookeeper wrote:
While writing this, another question about liches sprung into my mind: Theoretically, could a lich posess a body with only their skull? :hmm:
Source:Ancient Lich Development

I don't see why not. I'm sure it'd be very rare though.
I'll play with the thought. ;)
Why I use debug, you say? I like the stories, not the actual fighting.
revansurik

Re: A twist of fate, concerning Ockwards UMC

Post by revansurik »

*extreme satisfaction by the description, which is exponentially increased by listening to music from the anime "Shiki"*
Shiki :-D
Author of the Dragon Trilogy.

If you enjoyed A Song of Fire, War of the Jewel, Aria of the Dragon-Slayer and Soldier of Wesnoth, you may like my new project: Star of Chaos, a science-fiction mystery/adventure intended to be a trilogy
;-)