SPOILER ALERT: Ockward's story for his UMC

For writers working on documentation, story prose, announcements, and all kinds of Wesnoth text.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Jeffers0n

Re: What does Mainline know about Vampires?

Post by Jeffers0n »

The campaign currently only has the first scenario or the intro (depending on what works best) done... story-wise... on paper...
Well, I'll have to wait then if the campaign will ever be created. A pity :cry:
Crow_T

Post by Crow_T »

Blarumyrran wrote:
Midnight_Carnival wrote:How please can a perspective be "wrong"?
Spoiler:

I like it :lol2:

Here is another one:
Spoiler:
Man his feet are tiny!
Last edited by 8680 on September 1st, 2013, 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Wrapped large image in [spoiler] tags.
Ockward

Post by Ockward »

Crow_T wrote:

I like it :lol2:

Here is another one:
Spoiler:
Man his feet are tiny!
:annoyed:
This tread was not about expressing how much you like wrong perspectives, Crow_T, it has the sole purpose to find out what a mainline vampire is, and so, your post has nothing to add but confusion.
I do not ask for an apology, but I do ask that should you like to post here, do so with the intent to add something constructive and on topic, not with the intent to troll or something of the like.

And yes, i have posted off-topic, although it was to end, and not to continue.
Why I use debug, you say? I like the stories, not the actual fighting.
Midnight_Carnival

Post by Midnight_Carnival »

...another reason I'm not in favor of the viral explaination:
we can assume that main characters or other units are bitten in TRoW - no allowance is made in the plot for effects of the virus, even if it doesn't neccesarilly make vampires.

In addition - ghouls and necrophages don't really get much by means of an explaination - it says something to the effect of these are horrible people who have really bad undead voodoo done on them while still alive -with this explaination sufficient for a mainline unit, I think it is no strech to apply it to vampires as well.
...apparenly we can't go with it or something.
Blarumyrran
Art Contributor

Post by Blarumyrran »

This tread was not about expressing how much you like wrong perspectives, Crow_T, it has the sole purpose to find out what a mainline vampire is, and so, your post has nothing to add but confusion.
I agree. Fix,
Spoiler:

Yeah I think "virus" - even the word itself, doesn't fit into a Wesnoth kind of fantasy setting.
Ockward

Post by Ockward »

What if... :hmm:

We combine this:
Midnight_Carnival wrote:In addition - ghouls and necrophages don't really get much by means of an explaination - it says something to the effect of these are horrible people who have really bad undead voodoo done on them while still alive -with this explaination sufficient for a mainline unit, I think it is no strech to apply it to vampires as well.
With this:
Jeffers0n wrote:I like to think Vampires don't just turn the victim into a Vampire, they drain the lifeforce and the free will out of their victims, turning them into undead under their command.
And this:
zookeeper wrote: * Instead of being purely undead creatures, they're more of a hybrid of necromancy and arcane/faerie/blood/runic/whatever magic.
With the fact that they are extremely rare because no one really knows how to make a "vampire"? ('cept us of course :P )
Jeffers0n

Post by Jeffers0n »

With the fact that they are extremely rare because no one really knows how to make a "vampire"?
That's why I used the Runes, it's unlikely that a Runemaster would help Nercromancers to create something evil and all runemasters died with Thursagan as written in THoT.
Ockward

Post by Ockward »

Jeffers0n wrote:
With the fact that they are extremely rare because no one really knows how to make a "vampire"?
That's why I used the Runes, it's unlikely that a Runemaster would help Nercromancers to create something evil and all runemasters died with Thursagan as written in THoT.
WHY THE F****** HELL SHOULD MY INTERNET DISCONNECT JUST AS I DECIDE TO POST THIS DAMNED WALL OF TEXT GAAAAARGH!! THIS IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE A PROBLEM AT HOME!! F***!!! I don't even know if this is the original post as i intended it... blast it, i'll just summarize it brutally...

lot's'a hmm...

approves that Jeffers0n makes sense

decides to go to the bottom of where the only vampire we know of came from (Probability that help from people who create mainline lore is needed is 100%-isch)
maybe wesfolk-ian necromancy
notes may be destroyed or whole, idk -if whole, a whole lot easier to create the right... say... circumstances

knowledge of when the cursed island was cursed will simplify things.

:x

EDIT: So mad, decides to watch Anime, will be gone in periods of 22 minutes :evil:
Jeffers0n

Post by Jeffers0n »

Unlikely, the Wesfolk came to the Great Continent after the Vampire settled on the Isle of the Cursed.
That Vampire was probably created by magical means unknown.
Ockward

Post by Ockward »

Jeffers0n wrote:
Unlikely, the Wesfolk came to the Great Continent after the Vampire settled on the Isle of the Cursed.
That Vampire was probably created by magical means unknown.
If one could explore wesnoth in detail, I would search day and night for the documents recording the creation of that lady. :hellyeaface:
...Granted i get to explore it as it was before the fall...

I also need to keep myself in control so that I won't accidentually PM any active lore-devs, I hate to be pushy. Instead, I like to wait, after i've stated my problem or request, for someone who can help me and also willingly does that... or just tells me what to do.
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

Two things:

There's a vampire faction in the Era of Myths (and the various successor eras). They act like generic fantasy vampires.

There was a plan for vampires in thunderstone.
Spoiler:
The idea was that a vampire is what results when someone who is not an elf (or otherwise faerie-related) tries to use faerie magic and survives. The magic transforms them and uses their life as raw materials in some manner, requiring them to feed on other people to sustain themselves.

Neither of these is mainline, so feel free to ignore them. (there isn't really anything about mainline vampires to find out. There is exactly one vampire in mainline, so her existence is all that's canon)
Ockward

Post by Ockward »

AI wrote:The idea was that a vampire is what results when someone who is not an elf (or otherwise faerie-related) tries to use faerie magic and survives. The magic transforms them and uses their life as raw materials in some manner, requiring them to feed on other people to sustain themselves.
So I've come up with something that actually might work for the plot:
Midnight_Carnival

Post by Midnight_Carnival »

:D good enough, but I do not think there really need be any explaination whatsoever. I mean since the TRoW storyline is set in ye dayes of yore, it could have been a nasty old lady with a broom that the prince didn't want to look like a pussy for running from
...apparenly we can't go with it or something.
Jeffers0n

Post by Jeffers0n »

I don't think humans can use faerie magic in any way, because Elves are bound to the Faerie and humans are not.
Ockward

Post by Ockward »

Midnight_Carnival wrote: :D good enough, but I do not think there really need be any explaination whatsoever. I mean since the TRoW storyline is set in ye dayes of yore, it could have been a nasty old lady with a broom that the prince didn't want to look like a pussy for running from
:lol2:
Joke aside, what could possibly happen to a human if he/she dies from use of Faerie magic? :hmm:
I bet it would be extremely painful, since it would probably rip them apart to smithereens because of the inconvenient bland of mundane and arcane, and then burn them to fine coal dust which would then spread with the wind :twisted:

And then :hmm: ... what would be the outcome of a vampire drinking the blood of a faerie? HMMMM!!!...
(You probably know what kind of outcome i'm aiming for, although it might not be especially accurate(my outcome)
{
yes, ok, i can think of a few:
})