Campain creation of the second sun.

For writers working on documentation, story prose, announcements, and all kinds of Wesnoth text.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Campain creation of the second sun.

Post by Paulomat4 »

I want to create a campaign about the raising of the second sun. For this, i need every information availlable in mainline and semi-canon add-ons like invasion from the unknown. So please, give me all the information you can remember. The time it was created, why it was created and so on.
Creator of Dawn of Thunder and Global Unitmarkers

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl
Raychu
Location: Milky Way>Solar System>Earth>Europe>Easouth Europe...

Re: Campain creation of the second sun.

Post by Raychu »

See the future history of Wesnoth http://wiki.wesnoth.org/Future_History
it says:
-1542 YW
Vikren VIII secretly decrees the creation of Naia, the second sun of Irdya. He gives specific orders to conceal the matter from Elynia.
''What doesn't kill you that reduce you.''-Super Mario
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

i know, i read the wiki too. what i'm looking for are informations, that you don't necessarly find in the wiki. Thank you :)
Creator of Dawn of Thunder and Global Unitmarkers

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Don't know what was that text on the wiki based on, but the story of the creation of the second sun was told also in Legend of the Invincibles, where it was a bit different (in short, with the addition that the mages themselves suggested to the king that they might create the second sun as a proud display of their power, the undead attacked because they didn't want the creation of another sun, they seized the throne, and forbid the creation of the second sun, but the proud mages decided to finish their project to display their power, the undead tyrants build an irrigation system to prevent the land from withering and gave up the throne when a revolution against them was starting).
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Dugi wrote:Don't know what was that text on the wiki based on
IftU, with random names and additional events added from my own imagination.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

IftU, with random names and additional events added from my own imagination.
I have read everything in IftU carefully to avoid clashes, so all my campaign clashes with are these random events that weren't in any campaign. Fine. Can I edit that text on the wiki?
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Dugi wrote:I have read everything in IftU carefully to avoid clashes, so all my campaign clashes with are these random events that weren't in any campaign. Fine. Can I edit that text on the wiki?
No.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
sur.nhm

Post by sur.nhm »

I know that Bad Moon Rising mentions the creation of a second sun as a decision of the crown of Wesnoth in its prologue, though I have no idea whether Doofus wrote anything else about that, nor how much BMR is considered canon/mainline-conforming/what-have-you.
I'm not really around any more, but you can find me in TvTropes.