The ten original demon lords

For writers working on documentation, story prose, announcements, and all kinds of Wesnoth text.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dracoc00

The ten original demon lords

Post by Dracoc00 »

I have a question about the ten original demon lords think they were also called guardians, who created them?, And why they have so much power? I say, have power to create races up and apparently everyone has a world and if everyone has a world, which is to eloh or named, xia'rel think it was, and why uria seems to have power over others and what happened to the others, they all have an element that rule? I mean eloh or whatever, has the power of fire and arcane yechnagoth I think is misspelled, apparently has power over the minds and souls, and why is jealous of her sister who has special eloh and why have so much hatred towards their offspring, which by the way I was shocked when they discovered that all races faerie, are actually cousins ​​of demons :shock: , but hey, back to the topic, someone could answer these questions? would be deeply grateful.
I am... The divine Wind.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Re: The ten original demon lords

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

There is only one man who can answer these inquires. I suggest you PM or email the shadowmaster. He's the expert on this topic.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

In mainline, it was only mentioned that there are some evil demonic entities Uria, Zhangor and Zhangor (Yanqui before), and nothing more was specified about their nature.

In Shadowmaster's Invasion from the Unknown, this was said (although this text was quite hidden):
Long ago, during a forgotten era, the beings of Light and Darkness were fighting an endless war, which ended when Yarae the Arcane Lord appeared to take his place as an arbiter between both sides. He created ten guardians or demons to protect the factions from destroying each other. Each guardian was bestowed control over different classes of powers and beings. More demons were created as necessary to help the Original Ten with their task.
Yarae had great powers that could control or restrain the chaotic nature of the Light and Darkness factions. He used his powers moderately and wisely for eons, bringing peace and prosperity to all — until he was corrupted by unknown forces.
As he was corrupted, so were the Original Ten. Yarae commanded them and the rest of the demonkind to bring chaos upon all that existed. A significant part of all that existed was corrupted by the touch of the Original Ten until the gods of Light and Darkness figured out a way to combine their forces in a single entity capable of fighting the new evil. The Avatar of the Union of Light and Darkness was born.
With the power of the Union, they managed to significantly weaken Yarae and trap him in the Void between worlds. Soon his ten servants were defeated as well, but not all of them could be destroyed, as the Union was also weakened by the fight. Those of the Original Ten who survived were purified and made to serve more lawful purposes. The powers of those who were destroyed were lost, although it is believed they may come into existence again by binding to newborn creatures.
Uria of the Original Ten was charged with the task of guarding the corrupted worlds with the help of the rest of the demonkind. The power of the Union was lastly used to separate the corrupted worlds from the rest almost completely into the space of Inferno. As the power of the Union faded away, the Body of the Union and the Globes of Light and Darkness were left behind. As it was feared that the Original Ten could become corrupted again, or Yarae could escape his imprisonment, the three objects were hidden in different locations about which demonkind did not know. Those locations were in the worlds of Ethea, Irdya and Norsula, respectively.
When the era comes in which one or more of the Original Ten become corrupted again, two beings shall be born, each one in the places were the Globes were hidden. The powers of Light and Darkness shall bind to each one, and once both beings join their spirits, they shall become the new Avatars of the Union. And the cycle shall repeat in the case one of them is destroyed.

Some of his later works in After the Storm seem to deny this. It was revealed there that Elynia/Eloh was one of the Guardians reborn (although she was the Avatar of Union (called here Guardian of Light), who was opposed to these ten corrupted Guardians). It was also stated that Zhagor was a demon before he became the guardian (shapeshifting demons like Zhangor should not be have become Guardians or something like that was said there). Shadowmaster also said that Uria is superior to demon lords.

Because of these contradictions, you should choose what you prefer. The last part of my campaign, Legend of the Invincibles, deals with demons, but I intentionally didn't write much, only that Uria is the big boss and that they were created by Yarae (and some more things were told about him, like that he became corrupted because he wanted the Light and Darkness to fight a common enemy instead of suppressed rivalry like the cold war).
Dracoc00

Post by Dracoc00 »

thanks guys for responding, I could give information about eloh, or whatever her name Mother of all things faerie.
And that makes me wonder again about fae plane, and why the elves and other races exist in irdya.
I am... The divine Wind.