Questions about elves

For writers working on documentation, story prose, announcements, and all kinds of Wesnoth text.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dracoc00

Questions about elves

Post by Dracoc00 »

I need help with something, I'm writing a story, I have a series of questions, which would help me.

1. You can gain mastery in both aspects of elven magic or limited to just one.
2. There is only the same powers in the game, or is it just a matter of balance, I would not go inventing powers.
3. There is some kind of academy that teaches magic or is a tutor.
4. Someone could explain how it works clairvoyance, in elves.
5. What determines someone can channel the magic is for some type of inheritance
or anyone can do.
6. the relationships they have with other races elves.
7. types of metal that are disturbing their magic, are they all?
I am... The divine Wind.
Elfarion

Re: Questions about elves

Post by Elfarion »

Ad 1: What two aspects do you mean? Like healing magic and offensive magic?
Ad 2: What power do you mean?
Ad 3: For the humans there's the academy on the Isle of Alduin. But there's no canon information on how Elves teach magic.
Ad 4: I can't remember any mainline plot that features Elves that look into the future. Just think of something that fits into your story.
Ad 5: This has been discussed here but without a clear result. But:
Spoiler:
For Elves it seems that anyone can cast magic but contact with iron makes them lose this ability. Female Elves seem to show a higher inclination towards the path of magic.
Ad 6: Their relationship with other races depends on various factors, namely the diplomatic circumstances. Since there are several elven nations, one of them might be at war with another race whilst another is not. It's a common stereotype that Elves don't like Dwarves.
Ad 7: It seems that iron is the only metal that disturbs their magic. This refers to the folklore of various european peoples such as Celts or Germanics.

What will the story be about?
"Each of mankind's steps towards tomorrow is a breaking of today's laws."
- Sergej Lukianenko
Dracoc00

Post by Dracoc00 »

Thanks for responding.

1. If winning was whether mastery in both healing and magic schools ofenciva or was limited to a particular one.

2. With the powers I refer to skills.

3. On whether the magic was inherited and clairvoyance, I take the secret lore reference, and makes some mention of clairvoyance, and that not all elves can follow the path of the fairy.

4. only then is iron.

I have another question

What has to happen for fairy wings out, is a specific ritual or just you wake up one day and already appear?

About the story, I have little in specific, just that my main character will be an elf maiden, daughter of a druid, and that all his ancestors have walked the path of the fairy, but for some reason she is unable to channel magic without any magic item, well after all the drama, she escapes to the forest edge, to meditate, then begins to hear voices, but they were not elves, orcs were, then find and attack, and attack breaks the object, which his mother gave her to channel magic, but then he was preparing for an impact of some weapon, discovers that if she can channel magic, defeat the orcs and returns.

Well that's just the beginning, I still have the other characters are not very well developed, but of course none of my character will be an expert most will be apprentices.
but I still have to decide what year will these events and I'am looking for someone to translate the story.
I am... The divine Wind.
Elfarion

Post by Elfarion »

1: In the game, Shydes are healers and Sylphs use offensive magic, but obvioulsy that's for gameplay reasons. I personally think that a story does'nt have to be exactly like the game. So you should be creative and make it fit into the story: If your main character needs to be capable of healing and fighting with magic, just make her a mix of druid and soreceress (I'm using in-game terms here).
2: The same goes for powers: If you want to invent additional spells to those which are used by the units of the Shaman line, than do it.
3: Just think of something that sounds cool and fits into your story, since the wiki is not very precise here.
4: I'd prefer the idea with the ritual. Once an elvish druid or enchantress has gained a profound understanding and strong bound to nature and magic, she goes through a certain ritual that "wakes" her faerie part which has been "asleep" until then.

General advice:
Storytelling goes before in-game features. If you think, it would be cool to have something in the story, that isn't supported by canon lore, put it in your story anyway. If there's something that isn't explained precisely in canon lore, just invent something that fits. I have never written fan-fiction so far, but I write since I was eight years old. And if I've ever learned something, it's this: stories create their own logic. Especially fantasy stories. Just invent what you need, or change the things you already know to something that supports your ideas. That would be my advise.
"Each of mankind's steps towards tomorrow is a breaking of today's laws."
- Sergej Lukianenko
Dracoc00

Post by Dracoc00 »

Hello, again
I've been playing campaigns under the burnings suns, after the storm and invasion of the unknown and I have some doubts.

1.The mystics elves, where they get their power, obviously not the faerie world.
2. Why no mention of the faerie world, because hell is mentioned and other worlds but the faerie world nothing is mentioned.
3. and these fairies that appear in the campaign, seem native irdya not seem to come faerie world also seem to be very common.
4. Ellynia seems the only elf-fairy there, because everyone else seems to wield other magic.
5. Who is eloh
6. Oh yeah I forgot this. Why in the descriptions of fairies No mention at faerie world.
7. who the demon lords.
8. And last, be an elf, use magic of fire and water, as sprites and mermen.
Sorry if there are many questions, is that I like the timeline and there would put my story, but it seems that the world has changed, with these demons and things. now that I think, if the fire ruby had such powers, why? anyone ever use them before?
I am... The divine Wind.