Second Wesnothian Civil War + Kalenz' fate

For writers working on documentation, story prose, announcements, and all kinds of Wesnoth text.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Elfarion

Re: Second Wesnothian Civil War + Kalenz' fate

Post by Elfarion »

I confused her with Anlinde. But I guess since she's not only an average Elven Sorceress but the incarnation of the powers of light themselves that's an exception.
"Each of mankind's steps towards tomorrow is a breaking of today's laws."
- Sergej Lukianenko
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

Ah, I see... :-)
Author of the Dragon Trilogy.

If you enjoyed A Song of Fire, War of the Jewel, Aria of the Dragon-Slayer and Soldier of Wesnoth, you may like my new project: Star of Chaos, a science-fiction mystery/adventure intended to be a trilogy
;-)
Elfarion

Post by Elfarion »

As I said, it's only my guess. I would like to know, how long the average elven livespan is, though
- Sergej Lukianenko
Elfarion

Post by Elfarion »

The very same article says that she was cursed to live eternally- But now we're getting really off-topic. Just wanted to point this out.
- Sergej Lukianenko
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

According to the excerpt given by AI, elves live an average 250 years. Now this question concerns the topic, because in my planned campaign, which happens around 700 YW, there is an elf warrior who has fought alongside Konrad in the quest to reclaim Wesnoth's throne. If the elves average life expectancy is 250 years, then I suppose this elf could be alive and still fighting in 700 YW?
Author of the Dragon Trilogy.

If you enjoyed A Song of Fire, War of the Jewel, Aria of the Dragon-Slayer and Soldier of Wesnoth, you may like my new project: Star of Chaos, a science-fiction mystery/adventure intended to be a trilogy
;-)
Elfarion

Post by Elfarion »

IIRC it's said, that Elves grow up quickly and age quickly. Between this processes there's a huge time of not-changing. I imagine an Elf growing up in 18-20 years as humans do, than stay "young" (physically) for about 220 years and experience a few years of decay followed by death. Provided that this is correct and provided your hero was about 20 during Konrad's fight for the Throne, this would certainly be possible.
Note: Unfortunately I don't remember whre the information on the elven process of aging was told.
- Sergej Lukianenko
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

Elfarion: You've completely mixed up Andlinde and Elynia.
Spoiler: