Origin of the Ruby of Fire

For writers working on documentation, story prose, announcements, and all kinds of Wesnoth text.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

revansurik

Origin of the Ruby of Fire

Post by revansurik »

Hi folks! I have been thinking about writing a campaign explaining the origins of the Ruby of Fire - and, parallel to that, the origin of the Wesfolk people - but I have one doubt: is there any campaign about the Ruby's origins already? I have been playing the game for a long time, but only recently I've started playing non-canon campaigns, so I'm not sure whether such story has been developed already.
Author of the Dragon Trilogy.

If you enjoyed A Song of Fire, War of the Jewel, Aria of the Dragon-Slayer and Soldier of Wesnoth, you may like my new project: Star of Chaos, a science-fiction mystery/adventure intended to be a trilogy
;-)
Dugi

Re: Origin of the Ruby of Fire

Post by Dugi »

I think The Fall of Wesnoth or Trinity (both on 1.10, I have played neither, but I was told about it, so my information is not accurate, just download it and search for multiple files to find useful information; I mean find in files in Notepad++ on Windows or grep in Linux) was related to it (but I don't think it was created there, but I am not sure). It also appeared in After the Storm, but I think that is the place where most of people read about it first.
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

In After the Storm the Demon Lord Elorran indeed tells of the Ruby's origins, but he is quite vague. I was thinking about developing the origin story given by him, following some parts
Spoiler:
but giving another origin; I'd write it in a way that only two people know the real origin of the Ruby - they'd be the main character of my campaign and another one - and that the jewel only became known to others through a group of sorcerers
Spoiler:
. I'm just in doubt whether it would be ok to do this change...?

If you enjoyed A Song of Fire, War of the Jewel, Aria of the Dragon-Slayer and Soldier of Wesnoth, you may like my new project: Star of Chaos, a science-fiction mystery/adventure intended to be a trilogy
;-)
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

revansurik wrote:In After the Storm the Demon Lord Elorran indeed tells of the Ruby's origins, but he is quite vague. I was thinking about developing the origin story given by him, following some parts
Spoiler:
His version of the story is slightly wrong in that he got the order of events messed up and did not specify causality. It will be elaborated upon near the end of E3, though.

Nevertheless, this is not terribly relevant since most of the IftU/AtS backstory is as far from canon as it gets, and last time I checked (about two years ago?), the Powers That Be™ did not like my interpretation anyway.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

Thanks very much for the explanation, I think I'll give it a try with my story then :-)

;-)