Elvish Titles

For writers working on documentation, story prose, announcements, and all kinds of Wesnoth text.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

tr0ll

Re: Elvish Titles

Post by tr0ll »

i thought really old elves moved on to another realm.
some of the notable heros like Kalenz and Eloh have special reasons for living so long though
on the other hand, i liked the young elves in one of the add-on campaigns
TheScribe

Post by TheScribe »

I meant that if led by a younger Elf, the other elves probably would not feel more inclined to use titles on a captain younger than them with their elders. I picture age as being something pretty important to the Elves, though less so than with the Dwarves so I feel older Elves would be even less inclined to refer to younger elves by titles.
Ah, that would make sense. The Captain is older than the person speaking, so this doesn't have an effect. However, I'll keep this in mind for other dialouge. :wink:
Sorta on a break from the forums ATM, have been for a while. If I was doing something for/with you and I haven't recently, that's why, I will be back soon hopefully.
Telchin

Post by Telchin »

i thought really old elves moved on to another realm.
The South Guard has a valley that is supposed to be inhabited by retired elves. On the other hand, the same campaign says that the old elvish sage still remembers Haldric, despite the campaiogn taking place a generation after HttT, which would make Mebrin even older than Kalenz. (IIRC, there was a thread about this anomaly about two years ago.)

@TheScribe - there is a some info on the etiquette of Wesnoth races on the wiki. I guess you have already read it and it probably doesn't asnwer your question, but it seem related and I haven't seen it mentioned in this thread.
Lanval

Post by Lanval »

Some of the wikipage, including the Humans, seem woefully underdone.

Would it be worth our time starting a new topic to clarify stuff?
Telchin

Post by Telchin »

Some of the wikipage, including the Humans, seem woefully underdone.

Would it be worth our time starting a new topic to clarify stuff?
Honestly, I'm not sure who and when wrote the lore pages on the wiki. The pages on coding are up-to-date, but I've already mentioned some story inconstinencies on the wiki in this thread and was told that there isn't any supreme authority on the lore, so any canon is mostly what makes it in the mainline and what people agree on.