The Barren Queen

For writers working on documentation, story prose, announcements, and all kinds of Wesnoth text.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Mirion147

The Barren Queen

Post by Mirion147 »

I'm not sure if there's much information on Elensefar so if I'm messing something up, feel free to inform me.

The Barren Queen
Story1:
Story2:
Story3:
Story4:
Story5:
Most of the story happens in the dialogue though. The gist of it is this:

It's set about a decade and a half before HTTT. The king of Elensefar has been taxing the people incredibly to make the city a splendor and a stronghold. Eventually he gets himself a wife. After a little bit a revolution ensues and since his wife can't seem to produce an heir for him he decides to have her killed and have the blame placed on the rebels. But someone appears before the queen informing her of her husbands plan and she escapes before he has a chance to kill her. However he announces that she has been kidnapped by the rebels.

After that she meets up with the leader of the rebellion, Randal. She convinces him to let her fight with him, keeping her true identity from him. In their first fight they manage to hold their own but they don't gain any ground, losing men and supporters in a single battle.

Finally the queen tells Randal of her true identity and also of a secret way into the kings fortress. But there is a traitor in the ranks and the plan is found out. What started out as a glorious invasion turned quickly into a devastating route.

Once again the rebels are pushed on the defensive and eventually despite their greatest efforts they are forced to retreat out of the city.

Then finally and with a little help, they push forward into the city and though they nearly raze it to the ground in order to defeat the kings forces, they finally beat them back and win the world.

In the end, for the saving of the city Elensefar, the elf witch grants Ashlende, the queen, and Randal a son, but upon his birth Ashelende dies. In agony and rage Randal takes the babe out of the city and ventures north. Where he is killed while hunting.

The babe however was found by an elf lady, Parandra.
Take a look at the Era of the Future!
Current factions: The Welkin, The Brungar, and The Nordhris!
^This is old news lol but I don't care^
New news -> Up the River Bork Campaign!