Rise of the Dragon King (Campaign Storyline)

For writers working on documentation, story prose, announcements, and all kinds of Wesnoth text.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

terrorbot276

Re: Rise of the Dragon King (Campaign Storyline)

Post by terrorbot276 »

I think the 4th from the left on the 1st row has potential. What do you think?
Kanzil

Post by Kanzil »

Ermm...it's a spider...
High over valleys in the red levelling rays -
In din of crowded streets, going among the years, the faces,
May I still meet my memory in so lonely a place
Between the streams and the red clouds, hearing the curlews, Hearing the horizons endure.
terrorbot276

Post by terrorbot276 »

Arrg, darn typing fingers... I meant 4th from the right.
Kanzil

Post by Kanzil »

Yes, it is quite horrific- I think it suits Vaxmos's army well.Is the map interesting/aesthetically pleasing/nice to look at?
Between the streams and the red clouds, hearing the curlews, Hearing the horizons endure.
terrorbot276

Post by terrorbot276 »

The map is definitely interesting and great-looking. I'm no expert (I have almost no sense of strategy, which kills me while I play this game), but it looks really cool.

For the Knight: The R'tia have a knight as well. What animal do you suggest for them?
Kanzil

Post by Kanzil »

I reckon they should have a sort of light cavalry, suiting their tribal origins. However, the knights themselves should most likely be similar to wesnothian knights, as they probably trade with Wesnoth, and, towards the end, the heroes arrive in Wesnoth(assuming my story is accepted).

I only just noticed the fact that Cswiftcomposer is a composer! It sounds pretty cool-as does your concept art-seems like the campaign will be very polished in terms of story, with all the music, writing and art.
terrorbot276

Post by terrorbot276 »

Yeah, this'll be a masterpiece.

Almost ready to show off some units! :D
Cswiftcomposer

Post by Cswiftcomposer »

Alright guys, first scenario. (first of all before the scenario, We'll have a storyboard plotting out the state of our main character, Vaxmos, and the R'tia. With some very evocative music, I'm thinking similar in emotion to a music track called "The Sith Lords Theme" from KOTOR 2. If you guys want you can youtube it.) Now the trick is, I want to put these storyboards in a lot of places so our player gets pieces of the story as he plays, a massive storyboard at the beginning, would over-involve our player and give him too much too fast.) Anyway, First Scenario, Jalin is in his keep when a the commander of his troops tells him that an emmissary from the Great Forest Elves would like to speak with him. She (no name), tells him that Vaxmos is growing in his power and must be stopped, and that the only way to defeat him is through strength in numbers. after telling jalin that he must try to unite the nations of a broken state he gets anxious to fight and commence war (vaxmos killed his father after all) but she tells him that he must accomplish little tasks in order gain their trust as leader for them to follow. (This will be a story scenario don't commit too much space on the map.) Oh yes, I have studied the music of John Williams, (many thousands of song repeats lol). I want to revolutionize the musical experiance in Wesnoth. So yes, looking forward to seeing what we've got. And of course you guys put together as much as you cancampaign code, etc. . I have little experiance in programming campigns but i can talk you through exactly how I want the campaign to go. (i've played enough camps to get how they work. And yes lawful, Vaxmos' army is the only faction that isn't lawful.
Last edited by Cswiftcomposer on July 2nd, 2012, 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cswiftcomposer

Post by Cswiftcomposer »

Now the only issue with my music is that i can create perfectly playable, beautiful paper scores (sheet music), i however don't have a good sound base that can play back my music with realism(mostly general midi, sounds awful). I would have to have someone input my scores into a software with better sound capabilities like Dkaufman and some of those Wesnoth composers, BTW the beginning of "The City Falls" from wesnoth, if you don't know it, youtube it, is absolutely my most favorite piece of music for this game.
(Also, if you guys do youtube the Sith Lords Theme, at about 1:45, i can imagine pictures of Vaxmos' rising to power.) My goal is to be a film composer when i get older.
Cswiftcomposer

Post by Cswiftcomposer »

also, (this is not at all necessary) do you guys wanna add some rpg elements? just throwing it out there.
terrorbot276

Post by terrorbot276 »

What kind of elements did you have in mind? I would personally enjoy making some out-of-the-box options.
Cswiftcomposer

Post by Cswiftcomposer »

hmm..how about a multiple spell ability similar to EoHS but doesn't have to be huge..again do whatever is in your range..but other possibilities include summoning, purchasable items like weapons and skills, also i really would like (put this as first of ur rpg element list) a way for our character to make decisions within conversing with other characters, again this would only be in significant conversations,but the character could choose what he wants to say..these are the most important. everything else is at your descretion.
terrorbot276

Post by terrorbot276 »

Buying skills/magic spells sounds cool, but that might have to wait until we have most of the scenarios at least drafted out in WML. I can easily let you say multiple things in the conversations, and even make it so you go to a different scenario if you guide the story differently (they use this in the mainline campaign Two Brothers, I believe).

I'm done with most of the units. The Premiere Mage is giving me trouble; I have to add code to each of the scenarios to make the recruit-once-per-scenario and Fire Star functions work. Do you want me to post the other units now? They're very rough, and it'll take some testing to make it balanced, but they function.
Cswiftcomposer

Post by Cswiftcomposer »

Absolutely post them. I can't wait to take a look. Ok sweet, if you can do that then i'll need to draft out a few secondary scenarios for the choices (they'll be. Can you post pictures right now. I'm not sure how to download the units as a file yet. OK, and i think i've made a decision, besides the conversation choice thing, the only other rpg element that if it can be done, is the ability to train yourself in magic, you receive one training point per scenario in order to strengthen your wisdom in an area of magic just like EoHS, the point goes towards newer magical abilities.
terrorbot276

Post by terrorbot276 »

That was something I needed to mention. I don't have any images to use, so they are invisible other than the halo.