Planning a Khalifate campaign

For writers working on documentation, story prose, announcements, and all kinds of Wesnoth text.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

powershot

Re: Planning a Khalifate campaign - Ideas needed!

Post by powershot »

Um... I am ok at grammar. But you should probably make it so when the story ends (as you said) have them in Wesnoth so other people can create further campaigns for them.

Post2: So whats for the first scenario? Do they start as mercenaries or do they become that in the campaign?
Last edited by powershot on June 24th, 2011, 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My new account is: Power_Pixel_Wannabe. Yea. Yea.... Why are you still reading this? What the heck m8? You have some kind of problem? Yea. I draw. NO I'M NOT 5 ANYMORE!!! Little brats.
The heck m8? I thought you left... No seriously... go... serious...
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
Hulavuta

Post by Hulavuta »

Ah boo, Bennoman beat me to it. I was gonna volunteer, :(

Hopefully there's still a spot for me. I am trying to get back into writing while not actually being able to code at the moment.
F:tGJ, Saurian Campaign
The Southern Chains, a fanfic
“The difference between winners and champions is that champions are more consistent."
~Sierra
powershot

Post by powershot »

I will help with the plot, if I can. :)
My new account is: Power_Pixel_Wannabe. Yea. Yea.... Why are you still reading this? What the heck m8? You have some kind of problem? Yea. I draw. NO I'M NOT 5 ANYMORE!!! Little brats.
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
Bennoman

Post by Bennoman »

powershot wrote:Um... I am ok at grammar. But you should probably make it so when the story ends (as you said) have them in Wesnoth so other people can create further campaigns for them.

Post2: So whats for the first scenario? Do they start as mercenaries or do they become that in the campaign?

I honestly don't know if this should be the case. It works quiet well in an encapsulated story, I don't see it crying out for a sequel campaign.

Besides... I don't know if Wesnorth should be the final point for the group, after all the actions of this group of mercenaries could well be seen as a provocation to war... Wesnoth may not appreciate them returning to their lands after causing such turmoil.
Bennoman

Post by Bennoman »

Hulavuta wrote:Ah boo, Bennoman beat me to it. I was gonna volunteer, :(

Hopefully there's still a spot for me. I am trying to get back into writing while not actually being able to code at the moment.
Well man why not join in? Two heads are better than one and all that...

You've shown on here you can write, and have the enthusiasm for it.
powershot

Post by powershot »

Bennoman wrote:
Hulavuta wrote:Ah boo, Bennoman beat me to it. I was gonna volunteer, :(

Well man why not join in? Two heads are better than one and all that...

You've shown on here you can write, and have the enthusiasm for it.
Can I help with the plot and the grammar? :)
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
Bennoman

Post by Bennoman »

Well I probably jumped the gun a bit earlier inviting other people on as its not my campaign.

But if you come up with a good idea I will incorporate it.
powershot

Post by powershot »

Bennoman wrote:Well I probably jumped the gun a bit earlier inviting other people on as its not my campaign.

But if you come up with a good idea I will incorporate it.
Well, maybe for the first scenario the get offered the mercenary job, I guess it's a start.
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
Captain_Wrathbow

Post by Captain_Wrathbow »

Hulavuta, sure! You'd be a great help with writing; I know from your work in Fossil. :)

Powershot, you're certainly welcome to share ideas and such if you like, and maybe you can help with proofreading for grammar and spelling later. For now, I don't want to get too many people involved. It becomes harder to find ways of effectively spreading the workload out. (I know from WFE...)

I think this thread has basically served its purpose now. We'll move the discussion to PMs for now, and once we have a playable version with a couple of scenarios, I'll make a thread for the campaign in Scenario and Campaign Development. There's no need for further posting in this thread, and I don't want it to drift off-topic and end up getting locked, so please refrain from posting here unless you really have something you need to say.

Thanks, everyone! :)
negusnyul

Re: Planning a Khalifate campaign

Post by negusnyul »

Hell.. I didn't find this thread until now... :cry: :doh:

I have been working on a campaign featuring the Khalifate for ~1.5 months (the progress is slooow), guess I'll just continue with my original plans then :)

Good luck with your plans anyway, Wesnoth definitely needs more high quality campaigns ^_^
powershot

Post by powershot »

negusnyul wrote:Hell.. I didn't find this thread until now... :cry: :doh:

I have been working on a campaign featuring the Khalifate for ~1.5 months (the progress is slooow), guess I'll just continue with my original plans then :)

Good luck with your plans anyway, Wesnoth definitely needs more high quality campaigns ^_^
Maybe there could be two Khalifate clans, and then they make peace. :)
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
Captain_Wrathbow

Post by Captain_Wrathbow »

...so what's the problem? There's no reason there can't be two Khalifate campaigns. (In fact I'm sure there will be many more than that...) There are an innumerable number of campaigns for each of the other default factions. It doesn't even matter if they contradict; neither of our campaigns is mainline canon, so they don't have to agree with each other.

Good luck with your campaign as well- I'm looking forward to playing it. :)
artisticdude
Moderator Emeritus

Post by artisticdude »

Apologies for the non-constructive post, but I'd like to add a word of incentive to you both: I'd be very interested in a Khalifate campaign (and I'm sure many other people would be too). Perhaps you could even begin defining some possible concepts for mainline Khalifate history. :)

Good luck!
"I'm never wrong. One time I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken."
negusnyul

Post by negusnyul »

Captain_Wrathbow wrote:...so what's the problem? There's no reason there can't be two Khalifate campaigns.
Yeah, there is absolutely no problem, I just noticed this thread and thought it worth a post :)
powershot

Post by powershot »

artisticdude wrote:Apologies for the non-constructive post, but I'd like to add a word of incentive to you both: I'd be very interested in a Khalifate campaign (and I'm sure many other people would be too). Perhaps you could even begin defining some possible concepts for mainline Khalifate history. :)

Good luck!
I never thought of that, if they make a very good Khalifate campaign it might go mainline. :hmm:
ok bye m8. I'm serious.