New tips

For writers working on documentation, story prose, announcements, and all kinds of Wesnoth text.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Simons Mith

New tips

Post by Simons Mith »

Things done:

Some new tips added (Currently commented out pending approval. I don't claim to be an ace player; maybe they're dud advice. Note that the 'feral' tip is speculative as that feature isn't even in the game yet.)

Some old tips reworded. (Some of these also ought to be agreed by the better players, but I was mainly just trying to make the prose flow better.)

One of the two 'Fog of War'/'Shroud' tips repurposed (because it repeated the same advice as the other in different words)

One of the 'Your defense depends on the terrain occupied' tips repurposed (same reason)

Made the italic-letters-getting-cut-off problem go away by adding a space to the end of the attribution lines. Hack, but it works.

Added a new tip by a dwarf, who don't seem to have had any up until now. (I did consider giving it to Stalrag of the Shinsplitters...) Edit: In fact, I think Hamel should be assigned the 'tough units...' healing tip as well. Seems like a canny dwarvish thing to think about.

Old straight apostrophes replaced with new unicode sexed quotes. If you see funny characters mixed in with the text, you need to view it using a UTF-8-capable editor.

I would be grateful for feedback. Once approved, this is another part of the apostrophe conversion project that can be marked as done. If there are any significant niggles, I'll add a new version incorporating that feedback as a patch in a couple of days time. It would be nice if the tip text could support <b> and <i> tags, but that feature is not available at present. If it was, I'd have marked up game terms (chaotic, arcane, skirmisher, zone of control, etc.), in italics, game buttons and menus (Hotkeys, Preferences, Show Enemy Moves etc.) in bold.
Attachments
tips.cfg
New tips.cfg for Wesnoth 1.9.0-svn.
(16.25 KiB) Downloaded 363 times