Lore of the Western Lands

For writers working on documentation, story prose, announcements, and all kinds of Wesnoth text.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

boru

Lore of the Western Lands

Post by boru »

I want my campaign to be set in the Western Lands, before TRoW, before the Lich Lords came to the Green Isle, so before 200 BW.

My campaign is the story of the first wolf rider, so it has to be early in Wesnoth lore.

I'm just wondering what other works have been set in the Western Lands in this time period.

Obviously, there are orcs there, and there are the humans referred to in the wiki as "Haldrick's people." Jevyan and other Lich Lords may be lurking about.

It seems like a really interesting point in history and I'm wondering what's been written about it.
“It is written in my life-blood, such as that is, thick or thin; and I can no other.” - J.R.R. Tolkien

My campaign: Swamplings - Four centuries before the founding of Wesnoth, the first wolf rider emerges from a tribe of lowly swamp goblins.
Feufochmar

Re: Lore of the Western Lands

Post by Feufochmar »

Maybe Children of Dragons, which explains how the drakes went to Morogor, could take place at the same time on the old continent, as the lands where the drakes came from is located west of Morogor.
However, as there's no offical campaign that takes place in the old continent, I think you are free to invent the history you need.
The old continent, the eastern and southern lands of wesnoth are little explored in the campaigns, so I don't think there's any constraint on stories that take place there. (For the southern lands, battle for meridia could bring some lore)
boru

Re: Lore of the Western Lands

Post by boru »

Thanks, Feufochmar. It sounds like I have a free hand. Maybe I'll look and see if the campaign and era you referenced have any wolf riders, but it should not be a major problem.

It's interesting that no one's ever tackled the lich war in the Western Lands, or the one on the Green Isle between Haldric's people and the Wesfolk and their lich lords.
“It is written in my life-blood, such as that is, thick or thin; and I can no other.” - J.R.R. Tolkien

My campaign: Swamplings - Four centuries before the founding of Wesnoth, the first wolf rider emerges from a tribe of lowly swamp goblins.