The Southern Chains [Fan-fic]

For writers working on documentation, story prose, announcements, and all kinds of Wesnoth text.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Crendgrim
Moderator Emeritus

Re: The Southern Chains [Fan-fic]

Post by Crendgrim »

Hulavuta wrote: "Crende," replied Garrath Toa, "you can't settle these old conflicts? Even in a time like this?"

"No," said the drake named Crende, "I will never forgive him."
Huh? :shock:
Now even a drake is named after me... or am I a drake? :hmm:

Crend
UMC Story Images — Story images for your campaign!
Hulavuta

Post by Hulavuta »

Actually it's pronounced Kren-Day, so nope. Not named after you :D
F:tGJ, Saurian Campaign
The Southern Chains, a fanfic
“The difference between winners and champions is that champions are more consistent."
~Sierra
Crendgrim
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Crendgrim »

Hm, too bad. I thought I was gonna be famous now. :P
At least you got me to be interested in your fan-fic. So, I'm gonna read it tomorrow and then complain again about "my" death 8)

Crend
UMC Story Images — Story images for your campaign!
Hulavuta

Post by Hulavuta »

Haha well, decided gonna get back to work on this, haven't posted in several months.

Merry Christmas everybody, here's your present from me!

Chapter, I want to say, 12?
-------------------------------------------------------
(Events referenced in this chapter occur during the campaigns "Children of Dragons" and "Flight to Freedom", which are both currently available on the most recent stable version, which at the time is 1.8)

Kalith stood in front of the group. His words echoed and reflected themselves in his mind. Now that he thought about it, they seemed kind of silly to him. He was still intent on getting answers. He stared deep into Garrath Toa's eyes until he finally started to speak.

"Of course," he said, "you all deserve to know. However, not here. Wait until we reach the barracks. I don't want to create any more stir here."

Kalith, felt some reluctance to accept that answer, but behind Garrath, Cassius shot Kalith a reassuring look. Kalith thought over his actions for a moment before saying "fine" and getting out of the way.

The group walked for a relatively short time before reaching the barracks. Once inside, Garrath shut the door and began to explain.

"This dispute comes from a long time ago. Many, many, many years ago, the drakes lived underground. Our leader, Kahn, led the journey to the surface world. However, two of our councilors, Gakk and Stakron, opposed the decision of Kahn and the rest of the council. They were mostly silent, disagreeing with the drakes' movement but not openly opposing it."

He paused for a moment before speaking again. The group seemed very interested in what he was saying.

"Eventually," he continued, "they couldn't accept the radical movements the drakes were undertaking. Trusting the help of a human was the last straw for Gakk and Stakron, who didn't trust any other species in the slightest. The very next morning, they challenged him to a duel, and after a long day of battle, they were defeated. Kahn, a very forgiving ruler, allowed the drakes who had followed the traitors to return."

Garrath took another break to check them. He could see in their eyes that they all knew where this was going.

"He led the drakes to the new island, which he named Morogor, and when they arrived there, anyone who had sided with the traitors was banished and forced to live out farther towards the coast. This wasn't the last of it, however.

Later on, one of the descendants of Stakron, named Malakar, united the drake race to save them from enslavement from humans who had tried to enslave them. This would mark the first time someone from a traitor's lineage would be crowned king of the drakes, and the first time the drakes would be united under one leader. After this incident, there seemed to be peace between the 'loyalists' and the 'traitors'. However, as you are well aware, it was destined for that small few to keep their hatred for them."

Garrath Toa finished his story and then was surprised to see that Kalith was in total shock.

Kalith, who had experienced enough culture shock, reached the breaking point of his disbelief. He could simply not understand how the children of traitors could be persecuted for so long. Especially after a "traitor" had saved the entire race from certain enslavement. Once again, he compared it to the lifestyle in his own hometown. There, if a man died while in debt, the debt was forgotten forever. It contrasted drastically with the drake's concept, where descendants several generations from the original traitors were still punished for events out of their control. However, he believed he had caused enough trouble for that day, so he thought better of talking again.

Garrath could see what Kalith was thinking and decided to give him a little bit of comfort. "Greck will be up and about soon. He's as strong a warrior as I have ever seen. And after that whole fight, I doubt either of them will ever bother each other again."

Later on, as everyone had gone to bed, Garrath sighed and decided that he would need to get some sleep as well. He reflected on the actions of the day. Of course, he had meant every word he had said to Kalith. Greck was, without a doubt, the strongest fighter that Garrath had ever set eyes on. And he also knew the feud between Crende and Greck was probably at an end. This was another part of drake culture, one that Garrath had neglected to mention. That was their "duel", and as there was no clear winner, neither would receive any "spoils", whatever they may have been.

Garrath went off to his room to sleep. He knew that he would have a big day tomorrow, where he would appear before the council. While the others slept silently and peacefully, he alone knew the truth. War was coming.

---------------------
“The difference between winners and champions is that champions are more consistent."
~Sierra
UndeadRussian

Post by UndeadRussian »

Please........PLEASE Post another Chapter!!!
Hulavuta

Post by Hulavuta »

Lol, didn't think people were still reading this.

I might write again when I get some ideas. I'm treading the fine line into cliche, so I have to come up with something to keep things new and interesting.
~Sierra
UndeadRussian

Post by UndeadRussian »

Okay good Hey just wondering your fan fic can inspired me to write my own, could u read it and give me some advice?