looking for a map of wesnoth from 500 YW

For writers working on documentation, story prose, announcements, and all kinds of Wesnoth text.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

KunoNoOni

looking for a map of wesnoth from 500 YW

Post by KunoNoOni »

If it is possible I was wondering if a map existed that would show wesnoth in the year 500 YW. Basically I want to know where the wars with the orcs occured. The current map in on the geography wiki is from 450 YW, and 50 years is a long time. I'm sure there were changes in those 50 years.

-KunoNoOni
Aethaeryn
Translator

Re: looking for a map of wesnoth from 500 YW

Post by Aethaeryn »

KunoNoOni wrote:If it is possible I was wondering if a map existed that would show wesnoth in the year 500 YW. Basically I want to know where the wars with the orcs occured. The current map in on the geography wiki is from 450 YW, and 50 years is a long time. I'm sure there were changes in those 50 years.

-KunoNoOni
Considering the many thousands of years of history, I don't know if 50 years really is a high enough priority for someone to have made a map. If there were maps made for every 50 years, just to get to 500 YW you would need to make 10 maps.
Aethaeryn (User Page)
Wiki Moderator (wiki)
Latin Translator [wiki=Latin Translation](wiki)[/wiki]
Maintainer of Thunderstone Era (wiki) and Aethaeryn's Maps [wiki=Aethaeryn's Maps](wiki)[/wiki]
KunoNoOni

Post by KunoNoOni »

I do see your point, so let me rephrase my question. Using the current map we have from 450 YW, where would the battles between wesnoth and the oprcs have taken place? Granted I could just make them up, but if there are known locations I'd rather use those.

KunoNoOni
TheGreatRings

Post by TheGreatRings »

KunoNoOni wrote:I do see your point, so let me rephrase my question. Using the current map we have from 450 YW, where would the battles between wesnoth and the oprcs have taken place? Granted I could just make them up, but if there are known locations I'd rather use those.

KunoNoOni
In the year 501 their was a battle between Orcs and Wesnothians under Garard and Eldred at the Fords of Abez (I presume it is this war to which you are referring). This was where Eldred pulled his little coup and murdered his father and brothers, as shown in the Heir to the Throne intro. Link is here:

http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/History_of_Wesnoth

Should be somewhere in their.

Their are also some battles with orcs I believe in the campaign Liberty, which occurs around this time. I don't think their are any other established battles with orcs in this time frame.
"One man alone cannot fight the future"-
The X-files

"Send these foul beasts into the abyss"-Gandalf