Writing More Details on Gods?

For writers working on documentation, story prose, announcements, and all kinds of Wesnoth text.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Cloud
Art Contributor

Writing More Details on Gods?

Post by Cloud »

I'm quite into writing short stories (because they never get beyond a certain point, but anyway I dirgress) and one thing strikes me - there's no tales of Gods in Wesnoth. Now either the Wesnothians are extremely sensible (!) or we're going against the fantasy grain.

I think if I wrote for any race it'd be the dwarves, I like those lawn ornaments!
Softly/SoftlySplinter on IRC. Will be lurking around more these days
Mainline Animations|The Væringjar
Art for these mead-sodden, bearded mushroom-junkies by Girgistian!
Thanatos

Re: Tasks for writers

Post by Thanatos »

For mainline there's still NRIW.

For UMC: Go ahead.
ThanatoNoth | Necromanteion | Undead Rights Protection Society
"The gods can demand nothing of me. Even gods answer to me, eventually. [...] I cannot be bidden, I cannot be forced. I will do only that which I know to be right." (Death in Pratchett's "Mort")
Simons Mith

Post by Simons Mith »

'No Religion in Wesnoth' is not an official policy. I know this because when I added NRIW to the Wesnoth acronyms and slang list on the Wiki, and a generic (I repeat, generic, not one god was mentioned by name) discussion on religion to the Wiki, both were removed. By a dev. Acting in his official capacity, and after a serious discussion on the subject among him and the other devs.

If NRIW was official policy, it would be in the acronym list. Now, I don't want to see the Tasks for Writers thread disrupted, so can this be split straight away, and possibly locked/softlocked? tx.

Cloud
Art Contributor

Post by Cloud »

I had a feeling something like that might have been the case - consider my question answered and the policy unquestioned. Do what you will with it, you have my permission to even delete my original post if an admin or moderator should see fit.
Softly/SoftlySplinter on IRC. Will be lurking around more these days
Mainline Animations|The Væringjar
Art for these mead-sodden, bearded mushroom-junkies by Girgistian!
Turuk
Sithslayer

Re: Writing More Details on Gods?

Post by Turuk »

In the future, instead of quoting the old statement, please use the more recent posting in this thread.
Simons Mith wrote:Now, I don't want to see the Tasks for Writers thread disrupted, so can this be split straight away, and possibly locked/softlocked
Split and locked.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time