An Orcish Incursion: a possible mistake in narrative

For writers working on documentation, story prose, announcements, and all kinds of Wesnoth text.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

rtfb
Translator

An Orcish Incursion: a possible mistake in narrative

Post by rtfb »

Hi,

I'm tidying up a Lithuanian translation of `An Orcish Incursion' (on branch 1.6) and I have
found a suspicious piece of original prose. In scenario 4, the `Valley of Trolls', upon death
of Erlornas (line 291 of 4_Valley_of_Trolls.cfg),
narrator wrote:During their retreat, the pass was crossed by another army moving in the opposite direction.
This "opposite direction" puzzles me. If I follow, after the defeat, the elves are retreating
southward. And all orcish forces are in the north. There should be no northward-marching
army of orcs, or I heavily misread something.

I have checked several other translations I could comprehend, they all seem to have
ignored this (apparent) inconsistency and just translated as is.

Any comments? If I misread, please, let me know where and how. Otherwise, I think this
post is a bug report.
Vytautas Shaltenis
Simons Mith

Re: An Orcish Incursion: a possible mistake in narrative

Post by Simons Mith »

When I'm done with the manual redraft and the Fate of a Princess campaign, this may well be the sort of thing I'll be looking at. But in the short term I'm going to stick with working on whatever esr asks me to work on. He hasn't had much chance to generate a priority list yet.