UMC Campaign Request: Bad Moon Rising (never mind)

For writers working on documentation, story prose, announcements, and all kinds of Wesnoth text.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

doofus-01
Art Director

UMC Campaign Request: Bad Moon Rising (never mind)

Post by doofus-01 »

Apologies if this thread is not OK to put here, but UMC was mentioned in the welcome sticky. If this disappears, then I'll know...
esr wrote:
dlp wrote: My availability is high, but I doubt there will be much call for my skills once the manual edits are done.
You must be joking!...
Yep. Not to distract anyone from working on the core & mainline writing, but I could use some help on the writing front. Good writing is very important, but so are other aspects of a campaign. Compromises must be made, and so the text & dialogue of Bad Moon Rising is less than stellar.

I'm not asking someone to clean up the grammar and typos, though that would be nice. Rather, I'd ask someone to go over the text and say what doesn't make sense, what dialogue is wooden or modern colloquial. So, if you thought the campaign was nice, but were unimpressed with the text and would be willing and able to improve it, let me know and we'll work out a game plan.

Thanks
--------------------
EDIT: People were nice enough to help, but I cannot keep this coordinated. I'll just go on as ever; bad grammar, style, and all that.
Last edited by doofus-01 on July 24th, 2009, 8:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
catwhowalksbyhimself

Re: UMC Campaign Request: Bad Moon Rising

Post by catwhowalksbyhimself »

I'd be willing to go over it for grammar and such at least, and give feedback on the general flow as well, although I'm not sure how much time I'll have to go over it in detail.

Grammar and spelling would be simple enough to work on, at least.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Thanks! Anything you have time for would be great.
catwhowalksbyhimself

Post by catwhowalksbyhimself »

In that case, I'll download it and starting going through the text (and playing it)

How do you want me to send the edits? PM, here, or I could upload the files to my web space and send you a link.

I've now gone over Part 1, and have found nothing to complain about. Dialog seems decent, and I can't find any typos or spelling errors with one exception. There's a missing closing parenthesis in the opening dialog in Mission 1. That's all though.