Descent into Darkness revision

For writers working on documentation, story prose, announcements, and all kinds of Wesnoth text.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Wayirr

Re: Descent into Darkness revision

Post by Wayirr »

I understand that if every option was available, it would explode exponentially, but I'm wondering, what if Malin got more options what to do? In first scenario he can avoid using zombies and thus not get banished and remain in the town, which could lead to a completely different line of scenarios, for instance.
When he returns he can avoid killing Drogan, for instance, and not have Della to go after him.
When Volk demands the book, he can deny, saying something like "We have obtained this book together, so I want to read it first", for instance.
When there are more guards and paladins after certain number of turn he can be allowed to fight them and perhaps win anyway.

Regarding the rewrite, I always thought the book Malin had was the book of Crelanu, but Ardonna's journal is a different book, isn't it?
EarthCake

Post by EarthCake »

Wayirr wrote: May 16th, 2019, 1:58 pm Regarding the rewrite, I always thought the book Malin had was the book of Crelanu, but Ardonna's journal is a different book, isn't it?
Yes, it is. For Ardonna's journal see SotA.
Wayirr

Post by Wayirr »

I did play through SotA when it was still an addon. So, there were at least two books in Wesnoth history which describe how to become a lich? Was it originally mean that Malin's book was the book of Crelanu?
EarthCake

Post by EarthCake »

No, I think that book Crelanu is supposed to be with Kalenz.
Wayirr

Post by Wayirr »

I have played through until 4th level, then when I did take only one castle of recalls, I didn't make it and they killed Volk. (though theoretically Malin could have returned to the keep and recruit more and defeat the orcs, but it would break the story).

The scenarios certainly have more in them then before, but I find it quite annoying that in scenario 3 Volk is standing in the village which would be the best one to heal units when they are fighting the scorpions. Is it possible to move Volk somewhere a bit away?
Vilebeggar

Post by Vilebeggar »

Wayirr wrote: May 16th, 2019, 2:10 pm I did play through SotA when it was still an addon. So, there were at least two books in Wesnoth history which describe how to become a lich? Was it originally mean that Malin's book was the book of Crelanu?
The book of Crelanu was in Kalenz's protection until he gave it to Delfador to save the world. The book in DiD is the book that the liches from SOTA wrote in the end of the campaign about necromancy and its a fact.
Competitive Wesnoth. For the fans by the fans.