Review and rate user-made single and multiplayer campaigns and scenarios.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
Special things that I’d appreciate any playtesters looking out for include:
- The dialogue. I’m not a great writer, so this probably feels stilted in several places. If you could point those places out and maybe offer suggestions on better phrasing I would be fairly grateful.
- The structure of the scenario intro map cutscene things. These just don’t feel quite right to me. If someone else could say what seems to be wrong with them it would be much appreciated
- Unit balance. Not so much the trebuchets, but if you feel that the stabbers are over- or under- powered, please explain why and/or offer a suggestion for a fix.
- Places where you would expect dialogue in a mainline campaign where dialogue doesn’t happen in TGR. I feel like I don’t have enough, but I’m not really sure where to add more.
- Scenario difficulty. Is easy too easy? Is hard too easy? Is hard too hard? I have literally no idea. Please, please, please, tell me and post replays. If you’re feeling really helpful, I would also love to hear your thoughts on the difference between easy and hard.
- Special 1.13 stuff. I’m running this on 1.12, but it seems like there are a lot of things that could theoretically be done via 1.13. For instance, I added [difficulty] tags under an #ifver, but I’m not sure if they work properly.
- Unit descriptions. Are they formatted how you expect? Do they read well? Do they answer any questions you had about the unit and its abilities?
- The music. It feels a little wonky to me, but I'm not really sure. If it also feels wonky to you, can you articulate why?
- I’m also open to suggestions on extra ways to mess with the player on Hard difficulty. Do you think a different starting time somewhere would really mess up a strategy? How about slightly adjusting a village placement? Something less subtle?
- The custom unit illustrations were made by a friend. They (understandably) didn't want to do animations, and I'm not skilled enough to do animations on my own. (The placeholder art for the trebuchet that I made before they replaced it is below, if you're curious)
Currently writing The Goblin Rebellion, an sp campaign for version 1.12 and up.