Swamplings for 1.14

Review and rate user-made single and multiplayer campaigns and scenarios.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dugi

Re: Swamplings for 1.12

Post by Dugi »

They come from here. I have not drawn them and they were not drawn to be a part of Swamplings. I've been suggested to use them, that's all. I might darken some parts of the portrait if you find it really necessary.
xiosan

Post by xiosan »

Great campain, excellent fun, thank You for job well done :)
exline

Fun campaign!

Post by exline »

Dear Swamplings team -- I greatly, greatly enjoyed the campaign! I cared more about minor characters in this campaign than I usually do about the primaries. Engrossing, fun story. Good balance on difficulty; loved the creative levels. Thanks!
Delicius169

Post by Delicius169 »

Hi, I am not able to finish this scenario- when I tamed next bat, and made a next move, scene with poisoning and paralyzing Mage appears, and then all my units are hidden in chest, and I have no units to find cure for him.
I am adding savegame.
Attachments
S-Healer_And_Slayer-Automatické_uložení26.gz
(42.74 KiB) Downloaded 721 times
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I'll have a look at it.
Graaaaaa

Post by Graaaaaa »

No bugs to report, just my thanks to the creator and the mantainer of the campaign. I had so much fun playing it :lol:
Free as a bird
BTIsaac

Post by BTIsaac »

Well, i have to say, I'm not even thirdway in and i can already tell why this was so highly rated.
ekeron

Post by ekeron »

Hey,

Not sure if this is where I should post this but, on 1.14, right at the beginning of the first scenario there is a bug

Code: Select all

error scripting/lua: lua/wml/animate_unit.lua:15: bad argument #1 to 'get_unit' (expected string or location)
stack traceback:
	[C]: in field 'get_unit'
	lua/wml/animate_unit.lua:15: in upvalue 'add_animation'
	lua/wml/animate_unit.lua:105: in upvalue 'add_animation'
	lua/wml/animate_unit.lua:111: in local 'cmd'
	lua/wml-utils.lua:145: in field 'handle_event_commands'
	lua/wml-flow.lua:6: in function <lua/wml-flow.lua:5>
If this is the wrong place to post it could someone point me in the right direction?
Completed official campaigns: ToTB, AOI, TSG, HttT, Liberty, HoT
Completed unofficial campaigns: The Amaranthine stone, Bad moon rising part 1, Ooze mini campaign
Byron

Post by Byron »

Why would you upload a campaign & not check to see if it will actually work on the new version of Wesnoth?
octalot
General Code Maintainer

Re: Swamplings for 1.14

Post by octalot »

As ekeron says, there's a WML error at the start of the first scenario. That scenario seems broken but can be completed (the enemy leader doesn't move to his castle, the player's leader has to spend several turns moving to his own castle). The second scenario has an interesting bit about bats, but then completely breaks with a WML error (the scenario objectives don't update, and the poisoning event doesn't happen).

So the campaign seems to be broken, with no response to the feedback thread.

Edit: the first scenario is more broken than I thought. There are three keeps on the map, and the scripted movement that's broken by the WML error in the intro would move you to the south-east corner. If you simply use the central castle (only 1 recruitment hex, but 3 turns closer to your starting point and 3 turns closer to your enemy) then you miss the scripted events giving you wolves and your first loyal supporter.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I have fixed it.
Byron wrote:Why would you upload a campaign & not check to see if it will actually work on the new version of Wesnoth?
I am currently busy. I have noticed that 1.14 came out when I started being bombarded by requests to upload specific add-ons. So I checked for the problems with 1.14 I know of and uploaded them all. I didn't know that a strange refactoring of [animate_unit] caused some previously working code (even without deprecation messages) to suddenly start producing lua crashes without any meaningful error reports.
octalot
General Code Maintainer

Post by octalot »

Sorry, but the new upload has WML errors in scenario 1's events for finding Eeep and Misris.
MSM

Post by MSM »

Hi,

I think something's still broken (I play steam version of wesnoth). I finished first scenario successfully, but in second scenario after charming of the bats I get the green bottle, and after message "i wonder if it's it" there is lua bug (bad argument 1 to get_unit, expected string or location) and I can't continue with the quest/mission.
Gofio

Post by Gofio »

First of all, many thanks to make campaigns for us ;)

Same error here, in the first and second scenarios. I think a more deeper test should be done in your campaign to fix everything.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Can you please be more specific? What do you mean with errors for finding someone? Can you please write the whole lua error? Bad argument 1 to get_unit means that author of the lua implementation of the WML tag forgot to write a proper error message.

A deeper test would take many hours and I do not have time for that at the moment. Problems of this kind shouldn't appear. Add-ons I wrote didn't suffer from these problems when I moved them to 1.14. I think the original author left a lot of errors in the code and these errors didn't were not visible until 1.14.