Orocia Random Mod

Review and rate user-made single and multiplayer campaigns and scenarios.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

globnar

Re: Orocia Random Mod

Post by globnar »

http://replays.wesnoth.org/1.10/2013081 ... (14096).gz

We had some really weird error at the start of the game and then the 2nd wave didn't appear. The the error occured again as only part of the next wave appeared. At that point we gave up. This was version 4.2a by Laela. Hopefully that's the official version.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Found where I had wrong max value for random, there was 1/54 chance that missing unit was chosen. Should be fixed now. Changed version number to 4.2b
globnar

Post by globnar »

I'm in a game right now, where CD is on but only the enhancement hexes are destoyed the actual castle hexes remain undamanged. We're using the fall map. Version 4.2b by Laela.

Oh and the enhancement hexes when destroyed still seem to enhance.

http://replays.wesnoth.org/1.10/2013081 ... (14086).gz
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Not sure what to do with fall map, some people seem to like it so i keep it but it breaks some parts of game, castle destruction happens only on hexes that have specified terrain and there castle has different ones. Going to look if I can add those terrain types without breaking anything.
Upgrade is supposed to happen even then.

Uploaded new version, however due to castle hex terrain types some will become water after 1. time, those that are already ruined.
globnar

Post by globnar »

Ravana wrote:Not sure what to do with fall map, some people seem to like it so i keep it but it breaks some parts of game, castle destruction happens only on hexes that have specified terrain and there castle has different ones. Going to look if I can add those terrain types without breaking anything.
Count me as one of those who really likes the fall map.
Upgrade is supposed to happen even then.
Ah the ancient version of orocia use to not provide an upgrade after the first sacking. That's why I was confused.
Uploaded new version, however due to castle hex terrain types some will become water after 1. time, those that are already ruined.
Given that those hexes are already flooded, seems like they should turn to water on the first sacking.

Thanks for the new version! I'll download it asap.
Kalenz

Post by Kalenz »

hi guys! Where can I find the original orocia map? I don't see it in the list of add-ons. Only orocia random mode.
TY in advance
Last edited by Kalenz on January 7th, 2017, 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

I am not sure, but I think I started from version of http://files.wesnoth.org/addons/1.8/Oro ... MP.tar.bz2
Kalenz

Post by Kalenz »

wow, that's pretty quick! Thanks a lot. Gonna check it soon, but from what I see it's already the orocia random mode map, just (one of) the first version(s) of it?
Kalenz

Post by Kalenz »

It most like is it. I'll reinstall my wesnoth and tell you for sure. As for now, thank you for your help and quick responses!

edit: that's it! Thank you so much :)
nickanc

Post by nickanc »

Instead of being a single scenario sharing several maps (default, two suns, frozen, fall), could it be more practical as several scenarios sharing a single big macro? Doing this way, the chosen map would be correctly shown in the MP lobby. Moreover, the advantage could be that we could manage also Dov's Deep Shrine scenario (Orocia underground).

If there is interest, in case Ravana had no time, I could try to patch this update myself and attach it here to this topic.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

I dont have much focus on wesnoth currently.

If you have interest, you can submit pull request for https://github.com/ProditorMagnus/OrociaRandomMod.

Having maps more organised would also allow to finally make use of the swamp orocia map.
nickanc

Post by nickanc »

Ravana wrote:I dont have much focus on wesnoth currently.

If you have interest, you can submit pull request for https://github.com/ProditorMagnus/OrociaRandomMod.
Ok, thank you.
Ravana wrote: Having maps more organised would also allow to finally make use of the swamp orocia map.
Where is it?
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

I have these maps from somewhere.
Attachments
Total_Orocia_4p.map
Got this one too
(3.75 KiB) Downloaded 559 times
Swamp_Orocia.map
This one
(5.52 KiB) Downloaded 623 times
nickanc

Post by nickanc »

Well, there are difficulties macroing the scenarios in 1.12 because options use unique ids, but in 1.13.7 seems to be possible and as far as I tested Orocia works, despite we are still far from being able to play Orocia on 1.13 as we do (Ageless Era was missing until a few minutes ago, Switch Leader is missing etc.). Therefore I attach my experiment in 1.13 here.

It contains five Orocia scenarios based on the maps available to me (default, fall, two suns, frozen and swamp) each with a complete game mechanics. Due to the macro it has become far more easier inventing a new Orocia with its own gameplay (see utils/mapchanges.cfg). However I did not included the Total Orocia because many things check on the number of sides or on the sides directly and that needs special attention so that it is not buggy and I did not included Deep Shrine because it has its own system of upgrades and waves that requires time to be added to the current one (I think deep-shrine alike upgrades and deep-shrine alike traditional waves could be better suited to become options for all maps, though, rather than a particular gameplay of a single map).
Attachments
OrociaRandomMod_1.13_compatible_nickanc.7z
A 1.13 compatible Orocia with multiple scenarios and the current game mechanics completely macroed for them.
(41.11 KiB) Downloaded 519 times