Fate of a Princess

Review and rate user-made single and multiplayer campaigns and scenarios.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

SkyOne

Re: Fate of a Princess

Post by SkyOne »

taptap wrote:In cut-scenes between scenarios you tend to bring a picture for each new text. I would much prefer one picture that fits the situation and calmly one text after each other with only one background picture. Far from reducing the graphical quality this would make the individual picture count more (and would you give the opportunity to choose a good one as you don't have to hunt one per sentence). Compare the start of Liberty with the start Fate of a Princess to see what I mean.
Yeah, I know what you mean.
On the new version, 1.3.6 (uploaded on Mar, 6th to 1.12 server), the story images have been replaced to more your preference. I am still unable to find the suitable image(s) on the cave scenarios (Hydra Cavern, Dragon Cave, and Fate of a Princess) yet, but the story images now have been installed on the other scenarios. If you have any more suggestions (or ideas), just let me know. I am happy to refer them (although my internet connection is currently limited). Thanks for the comment.:)

Other changes (for players) on version 1.3.6:
- polished the animation slightly (added a couple each of icons) on Vanguard and Pioneer units
- polished/modified on scenario Striking Back
- removed the loyal-trait from the leader units (Baldres and Háwclyn) because it is not necessary

P.S. notice: - Brave Wings and Return of the Monster campaigns have also been uploaded on 1.12 server. All of them should be played on BfW 1.11.11 (or higher), not on 1.11.10.

thanks

----------------------

removed the announcement of the latest version that is on the newest post of this thread
Last edited by SkyOne on November 25th, 2014, 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
Northern Forces - now on 1.12 server
lezthar

Post by lezthar »

I generally play campaigns on the hardest available difficulty, I only played through the first level and part of the second.

Overall the campaign is great... but...

There are too many units with charge ability, making luck more of a factor in a battle than skill, this I don't like, made me want to destroy my laptop a few times.
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

lezthar wrote:I generally play campaigns on the hardest available difficulty, I only played through the first level and part of the second.

Overall the campaign is great... but...

There are too many units with charge ability, making luck more of a factor in a battle than skill, this I don't like, made me want to destroy my laptop a few times.
For the story-reason, the second scenario, Escaping from Wesnoth, is a bit tougher than the others in Part One. Players may need to sacrifice some units (recruiting extra Poachers, not recalling, in the first few turns is effective).

The maximum numbers of enemy's Horseman units on the map are:
On EASY difficulty; 2
On NORMAL difficulty; 3
On HARD difficulty; 4

I can change it from 4 to 3 on the HARD difficulty of the next version, that takes a few more weeks to update, though, if necessary.

thanks for posting.

-----------------------------

EDIT:
the latest version of this campaign: 1.5.0, updated on Sep, 22 2016
required BfW: (1.11.13 - 1.11.16, and) 1.11.18 - 1.12.6
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
Northern Forces - now on 1.12 server