Rebellion During the Dark Age

Review and rate user-made single and multiplayer campaigns and scenarios.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Huston

Re: Rebellion During the Dark Age

Post by Huston »

and your're using wesnoth version 1.6.0 right?
if so i'll reinstall it on my computer and try running through the campaign. to see if it work right. and oif not i'll fix it.

if you are running a wesnoth version other than 1.6.3 or 1.7.1 try insta;lling the newest version of wesnoth.
docrock

Post by docrock »

hi, playing current on BfW 1.6.3 on Vista 64 with default difficulty, so far (until "Seize of the Ford") everything went smoothly, just one concern about "March down the river": it's a bit random, in other words, the retaliation damage of some of the players troops is high enough to spoil any chance of leveling the three nublets. maybe you may want to consider one more grunt (maybe spawning a turn or two later than the rest of the orcs) and adding one or two turns to the scenario. i mean, as it is now it is doable, but just as said a bit random.

edit: else, a great campaign. keep up the good work.

edit2: like other people have already said, that ford of abez scenario is pretty much a war of attrition. even with finding the second ford and going through there it is just about slaughtering everything. and as other people also said, without a turn limit there is not much motivation to finish this one quickly.
1) maybe make the ford one hex wider at the end so that a real battle comes out of this
2) maybe send in something with tentacles to help out the so-lost sea serpents after a turn or two
3) maybe set a turn limit on this scenario as it is as it is a real gold fountain

edit3:
Allora does not have an icon or animation. furthermore in "Dan Tonk" my favourite error once again returns when trying to load a savegame: "Attempt to create a unit on the recall list for side 2 which does not have a recall list.". that seems to become more and more common with BfW 1.6.3. crap.

edit4: just upgraded to BfW 1.6.4, the recall-list problem still persists.
Postings may contain traces of sense.
The ministry of health warns:
Living is dangerous to your health and may finally result in death.
You are a Dwarvish Berserker: you're freaking crazy and enjoy it. (100% ...)
Huston

Post by Huston »

thanks. i've known about the recall list/save game problem ever since i published it. i just don't know what the problem is. i'll fix the sprite not showing issue with allora sometime tomorrow.
Dirtshifter

Post by Dirtshifter »

hi just downloaded the campaign but get error message unknown scenario 1 the biggining. using windows xp and wesnoth 1.63. windows version.
Sorry my problem, mr turuk has just told me where to put the downloaded files. So hopefully next post will be something usefull about your campaign.
jsacton

Post by jsacton »

Scenario Seize of the Ford

Error

The game map could not be loaded. Illegal character found in map. The scenario cannot be loaded.

Help? is there some add on I need to get?
-ice-man-

Post by -ice-man- »

Hi,
i have the same problem as jsacton
I updated from 16.2 to 1.6.4...
I hope anybody can help us!

The other Problem at Dan Tonk, when i load a savegame, it comes "Attempt to create a unit on the recall list for side 2 which does not have a recall list." exist anymore...
Huston

Post by Huston »

jsacton wrote:1.5.8
Scenario Seize of the Ford
Error
The game map could not be loaded. Illegal character found in map. The scenario cannot be loaded.
Help? is there some add on I need to get?
which version of wesnoth are you using?
also. no there isn't any add-ons you need other than UMC Music so that you have music in game. i don't know why you recieved this error but i will look into it.

-ice-man- wrote:Hi,
i have the same problem as jsacton
I updated from 1.6.2 to 1.6.4...
I hope anybody can help us!
:hmm: if you have the same problem then how'd you make it to Dan Tonk?
-ice-man- wrote:The other Problem at Dan Tonk, when i load a savegame, it comes "Attempt to create a unit on the recall list for side 2 which does not have a recall list." exist anymore...
:augh: yes i've known about this one for a while now. unfortunately i have no idea what causes this. i will eventually figure it out though. until then all i can reall say is . don't stop in the middle of it and be extra careful not to lose units you like.
coded Rebellion During the Dark Age
Currently working on:
Era of the Future
jsacton

Post by jsacton »

so any idea what caused my problem?
lynx

Post by lynx »

Definitely widen the ford of abez shore entry point.

The last scenario gives you an unfair terrain disadvantage. Only a fool would set up camp there. Maybe the map should just be bigger.
Huston

Post by Huston »

jsacton wrote:so any idea what caused my problem?
no. but i need to know what version of wesnoth you are using so that i can debug it properly.
lynx wrote:Definitely widen the ford of abez shore entry point.
hmm. i know the visible entry point is a pain in the butt, did you try searching for any other paths? i was hoping to offset the checkpoint there with the hidden path.
lynx wrote:The last scenario gives you an unfair terrain disadvantage. Only a fool would set up camp there. Maybe the map should just be bigger.
yes you are probably right but I did get the map from a mainline campain and i don't want to change it to much more then what i already have.

lynx how fun did you think the campaign was?
Currently working on:
Era of the Future
lynx

Post by lynx »

I've found the other path, but since you can only explore one tile per turn it doesn't give you any clear advantage (except possibly unleashing the sea monsters at the enemy :D ). From a geologic point of view it makes little sense that such a wide shallow ford is thinest at one end and not the middle. You could also make the exploration faster.

It was pretty fun. The training mission was a nice change, albeit a bit tricky (like mentioned above). It was easier once I realised the silver mage is unkillable.
jsacton

Post by jsacton »

I'm on 1.5.8
Huston

Post by Huston »

that's why you experienced the error i think. i made the campaign for 1.6.0 and up only. try updating your version of wesnoth. then it should work.
Currently working on:
Era of the Future
ICE-MAN

Post by ICE-MAN »

My problem come after the update from 1.6.2 to 1.6.4!
So i was at Don Tonk by the update...

After the Update and i trie to load my savegames the error is:
-> The file you have tried to load is corrupt: 'game_error: Unkown unit type 'Lord2'' <- the unit can change, it depend on the map...

Thats it, after a reinstall the problem don't disappear...
Huston

Post by Huston »

yes iceman, i have known about this problem since i coded the campaign. I just don't know how to fix it yet. i will fix it eventually though.