A Rough Life

Review and rate user-made single and multiplayer campaigns and scenarios.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Re: A Rough Life

Postby Samonella » January 27th, 2016, 6:42 pm

Elvish_Hunter wrote:I'm attaching the scenario here; feel free to test it and suggest any other improvement. :)

It looks great! Here are just a couple editing suggestions for Jeff's death event:
Jacques says, "I may not come alive out of this mess... but neither are you!" I think "...but neither *will* you!" is grammatically better.
Greedy Farmer says, "...Now no one can say that you don't deserve what's coming up!" Maybe it's clearer/more natural sounding as "...what's coming *to you*!"

Overall, though, I thought you did a beautiful job; none of it felt "shoehorned" at all. :D
The last few months have been nothing but one big, painful reminder that TIMTLTW.

Creator of Armory Mod, The Rising Underworld, and Vengeance of a Drake: an RPG
Samonella

Postby WhereIsBaodur » July 28th, 2016, 6:58 pm

Hi! I wanted to thank who made this campaign and everyone involved. I've just finished it and it just might be the best Wesnoth campaing. I've played all the official campaigns a couple years ago, and only a few of them are as fun as this one (UtBS, NR...)

The first scenario was very challenging, I had to try it quite a few times. In the end I found a good way to do it (did it again just to be sure):
On round one, go to the small isthmus north east, near the peasant base. on the second you get to attack their base from the right/rear, getting to good ground and one village, while avoiding the goblins for just a little bit. you can take the camp, and with careful repositioning you get to keep the place and level up jaques. Then it's relatively easy to win (and the goblin impaler can be ranged attacked by jaques to soften him up)
With almost no reloading I managed to get to turn 30, thus getting a nice story message. No peasants nor bowmen survived :)
WhereIsBaodur

Postby Violet-n-red » June 22nd, 2017, 10:02 pm

hello! i have a small issue: my lizard healer guy from the first desert raid got promoted and was able to heal poison, but the next time we went out into the desert with my squad, the guy got demote back to non-poison-curing form :( everyone else was transferred correctly
Violet-n-red

Previous

Return to Add-on Feedback