Way of Dragon

Review and rate user-made single and multiplayer campaigns and scenarios.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

jmn

Way of Dragon

Post by jmn »

I'm the current maintainer for this addon. I guess user feedback on it should be here?
If there are any questions about it, I can try to answer them. If anyone encounters a bug, they can report it here or at https://github.com/JohnMatthewNarofsky/ ... gon/issues.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Re: Way of Dragon

Post by Konrad2 »

You (accidentally?) uploaded the add-on a second time.
jmn

Post by jmn »

Konrad2 wrote: July 24th, 2018, 9:45 pm You (accidentally?) uploaded the add-on a second time.
That was intentional. I was trying to get the link to this thread into the addon listing. I wasn't sure if I needed to increment the version number for a change in _server.pbl, considering it's information fetched every time someone connects to the addon server. (I'm a little new to this; that's just a guess.)
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

You don't need to do so to upload a new version of the addon. I'd advise you to take one of the uploads down.
jmn

Post by jmn »

Oh dear. I didn't realize I'd made a duplicate entry.

EDIT: Removed duplicate, I think.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

It was the other one. xD
jmn

Post by jmn »

Oh well. It's all good now! I just hope people take the time to report any bugs they find, cause otherwise I probably won't find out about them.
caoraivoso3

Post by caoraivoso3 »

well i got an error when iniciating the campaign. i am on 1.14.4

Documents\My Games\Wesnoth1.14/data/add-ons/way-of-dragon/_main.cfg

Macro/file '~add-ons/Way_of_Dragon/units' is missing
at ~add-ons/way-of-dragon/_main.cfg:85

i am on win7 if it means anything.
Shiki
Developer

Post by Shiki »

Compare the line in the middle with one of the other two, and you will see why it is considered "missing".
Try out the dark board theme.
jmn

Post by jmn »

I'm sorry. I didn't notice this. The addon was supposed to be uploaded as Way_of_Dragon, but it's way-of-dragon instead.
I'll have this fixed sometime today.

EDIT: FIXED.
Wetkitty

Post by Wetkitty »

Hi. I played the campaign a bit, is one of the most terrible i played so far and all because of the script and the very bad English translation. It really needs a better script to explain their actions and the translation needs a major revision.
jmn

Post by jmn »

Wetkitty wrote: February 2nd, 2019, 5:52 pm Hi. I played the campaign a bit, is one of the most terrible i played so far and all because of the script and the very bad English translation. It really needs a better script to explain their actions and the translation needs a major revision.
I have to agree, the translation needs a lot of work. I've been short on free time for a while now, but I'll see if I can fit that in.
If anyone wants to help with it, they can- submit a pull request on GitHub, you know.
I'll probably push out (some) improved translations in a few weeks, or months, depending on how busy I am.
Wayirr

Post by Wayirr »

Regarding filenames, please try to keep filename capitalization the same in actual files and your code, since in all modern operating systems, but DOS and Windows (MacOS X has settings to do either), filesystem is case-sensitive, and make sure to use only forward slashes "/" in path, because backward slash works only in Windows. I don't know whenever you already do it or not, just a suggestion.
jmn

Post by jmn »

I know. I use Linux. Argh I left this addon to rot.
I need to get back on this. Translations are hard, though.